Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: spirit2pwn bricked 3gs plz for the lov of god help

Default spirit2pwn bricked 3gs plz for the lov of god help
    i just install spirit2pwn cause it says i need to, the whole time i thought the iphone was a old bootroom. now its just stuck in DFU. this isnt even my iphone its my bestfriends and i feel like total ****, can anyone please tell me how to fix this, i get errors when i try to restore. pleaseeeeeee help meeeeeeeeee

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

What firmware are you trying to restore to, and what errors are you getting?
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    What firmware are you trying to restore to, and what errors are you getting?
    it was on 3.1.3 spirit jb and i didnt even get to do the sn0wbreeze thing, i installed spirit2pwn, placed it on my table went to get some tea, came back and it was shut off, plugged it into itunes and i get error 28 and whatnot

The only fix I'm seeing is waiting for the battery to die, or opening it up and unplugging the battery.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's in DFU then iTunes will be able to recognise it no matter what, iPhones are 99.9999999999% unbrickable, especially using any code from respected devs
    You will be able to update it using iTunes, but you *might* have to go to 4.1.. I'm not sure though

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

If the error your getting in shitTunes is something along the lines of "cannot connect to update server", try this...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...error-try.html
    It's easy to do, oh and if your on windows when following the steps from the above link make sure you:
    Copy everything from inside the hosts file.
    DELETE THE hosts FILE!
    open notepad AS ADMINISTRATOR!
    paste what you copied and then change what the steps tell you to change
    Save it to the appropriate directory, if you can't save straight to the dir, save to desktop and then drag the file into the correct directory
    Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

try tiny umbrella

Quote Originally Posted by 360psp View Post
    it was on 3.1.3 spirit jb and i didnt even get to do the sn0wbreeze thing, i installed spirit2pwn, placed it on my table went to get some tea, came back and it was shut off, plugged it into itunes and i get error 28 and whatnot
    Same thing happened to me, now it looks like I'm holding an expensive paper weight. The screen is always black, no image at all, untill it try to restore. Once it verifies the firmware and tries to prepare the phone for update the screen turns white with out any image and then Itunes kicks back with error 28.

Try and update to 4.1 normally. A working iPhones better than a blank iPhone. Try and use TinyUmbrella, Connect your iPhone, And click on Kick Out Of Recovery Mode and see whether it works.

We went to the apple store and got a new one, he still had warranty

Thanks

Ewwwww! I heard spirit2pwn + new bootrom = unfixable permabrick! Good move with Apple store.....
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's nice to know that it bricks your phone -- my 3GS is now bricked as I just installed spirit2pwn. :-(

What to do now?

We should remove that stuff.

Dennis

Well, first time I had to use the Genius Bar at the new Apple store nearby. Nice place to hang out and the genius guy tried what I tried to fix my iPhone 3gS to no avail.

Within about 15 minutes, we concluded that I get a new iPhone 3GS. I guess it's cool because I bought my original one refurbished and now I get a new one. Either way, he put IOS4.1 :-(

I took it home, restored from backup -- bye bye Jailbreak, MyWi4.0, LockInfo, MAME4all, ssh/ftp, Netatalk, i.e., no more cool phone. Hello crapple iPhone 3Gs.

Now I have to wait like the masses for the iPhone 3GS IOS4.1 jailbreak. sigh.

I'm thinking as a policy, before installing anything having to do with Jailbreaking, better to research a few days and read about other folks experiences. Lesson learned.

Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis in NH; 2010-10-10 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost