Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone4 proximity sensor fix a hoax...

Waiting for a solution.. Or app or anything!! Its really driving me crazy.. If its not fixed by the end of november, ill get rid of the stupid iPhone 4 ..

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It definitely fixed the issue on the i4 that we have in our family.

I'm not trying to argue on this topic but my iPhone 4 4.1 proximity sensor works fine so far I have not pressed any buttons with my cheeks while being on a phone call.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Good for you, coz here each call i make i have a problem either mute or facetime call or hold button is pressed while im talking!?!

I hang up three times with my clients bcoz of this stupid issue that Apple is tottaly ignoring!

I wish someone could come up with a fix or something.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried reinstalling 4.1?

I have been having a problem with my prox. Sensor but it is a little different than everyone else's. Whenever I make or receive a call as soon as I put the phone to my ear my screen goes black and I can't acces anything in my phone. I have to use the sleep button to hang up my calls and then keep pushing the sleep button til I see the lockscreen. Called apple and they had me do a reinstall and set up as new a new phone but that didn't work. So damn frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by casper916 View Post
    I have been having a problem with my prox. Sensor but it is a little different than everyone else's. Whenever I make or receive a call as soon as I put the phone to my ear my screen goes black and I can't acces anything in my phone. I have to use the sleep button to hang up my calls and then keep pushing the sleep button til I see the lockscreen. Called apple and they had me do a reinstall and set up as new a new phone but that didn't work. So damn frustrating!
    Bring it in to an Apple store and let them do the work themselves. If they can't fix it, you'll get a new phone.

By the way I had my front LCD housing changed to a white one and that fixed my proximity problem. I'm still on 4.0.1 btw. That means it really is a hardware problem/design flaw.

Thanks for the suggestion, the only problem I have with that is my phone is jailbroken. So when I take it in to apple what are they gonna say?

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Bring it in to an Apple store and let them do the work themselves. If they can't fix it, you'll get a new phone.

By the way I had my front LCD housing changed to a white one and that fixed my proximity problem. I'm still on 4.0.1 btw. That means it really is a hardware problem/design flaw.
    (Sorry for the double post)

I was actually thinking of taking it in, my only problem being the jailbreak on my phone. I can do a restore and bring it in but that won't Change the JB. My concern is that if I take it in and they realize it's jailbroken are they going to try and pull some "warranty voided" because of jailbreak?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casper916 View Post
    (Sorry for the double post)

I was actually thinking of taking it in, my only problem being the jailbreak on my phone. I can do a restore and bring it in but that won't Change the JB. My concern is that if I take it in and they realize it's jailbroken are they going to try and pull some "warranty voided" because of jailbreak?
    If you restore there will be no evidence of a jailbreak ever being on your phone
    Make sure not to restore from backup just to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    If you restore there will be no evidence of a jailbreak ever being on your phone
    Make sure not to restore from backup just to be safe
    Ok cool I did a restore once and set up as a new phone, but it didn't fix the problem, so it looks like I'm going to set back to factory, take it in, and hope I can get sone type of end to this frustration.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

mines been working fine since the update, I also cut a piece out of the top of my zagg shield as I found this was also affecting the proximity sensor.

The 4.1 update made a massive difference for me. I had nothing but problems with mine lighting up and me hitting buttons, but now it's about perfect. It takes at most a quarter second longer before the screen lights up than it used to but I've had zero problems since I update. Same for Air Mouse, functions great there.
    HK-Z on Game Center

You're talking about 4.2 .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12