Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP iPhone 4 wont restore

Thanks
    Default HELP iPhone 4 wont restore
    Hi i tried restoreing in itunes cause sometimes the screen would flash on unlock. Im not jailbroken on 4.1 and every time i try to restore it says error 1004

error 1004 is a good thing it means baseband didnt update.. download tiny umbrella then click on kick device out of recovery after you plug in your iphone and there you go your back to normal.. just activate normally

edit: well you didnt update to 4.1 so the baseband update isnt a big deal but still do what i said and your good still so there you go

Thanks
    Default fixed
    All good. I restored on my girlfriends new laptop. There must be a particular file or something on my laptop that is stopping my iPhone4 form restoring on my laptop. . Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by iwindoezy View Post
    All good. I restored on my girlfriends new laptop. There must be a particular file or something on my laptop that is stopping my iPhone4 form restoring on my laptop. . Any ideas??
    have you ever messed with your hosts file.. that can cause it

Thanks
    Will check.. . only updated to 4.1 from 4.0.2 the other day tho. . . its gor me stumped...so glad it worked tho, i was a bit worried, cant wait for the 4.1 jailbreak now

Found it. In my HOSTS file at the bottom i still had, 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com, , , this may have stopped it
    Last edited by iwindoezy; 2010-09-21 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iwindoezy View Post
    If you didn't used tiny umbrella, now you are f..... up, you updated your baseband too, now it's going to be difficult or maybe impossible to unlock if you got to.

Thanks
    Im legit unlocked and i have used tiny umb...basebands fine