Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs Stuck on Apple

Default Iphone 3gs Stuck on Apple
    Ok, I think I'm out of luck with this one but wanted to check if anyone knew any solutions...

So I got an iphone 3gs from a friend. It was on os 4.0.
    I used jailbreakme.com, to jailbreak and unlock it, but could not wipe out the old data from my friend. So I tried using the reset all data function on the phone. This is when all went to hell.
    Now the phone gets stuck on the apple logo, and just freezes.

If I hold down the home/ power key, I can get the connect to itunes screen.

I tried doing a restore to get it back to 4.0 but I get the 3194 error.

I did allow cydia to make my life easier, but did not save any of the SHSH or anything like that to my computer. Is there anyway to get the phone back to the springboard, 4.0 OS?

What are my options besides upgrading to 4.1. I want to use the phone on a different carrier so it needs to be unlocked.

Thanks!

Download tiny umbrella and run the tss server after opening tiny umbrella and download 4.1 from the internet google it.. Then hold shift and click restore you will get error 1004 then just click kick out of recovery on tiny umbrella and youll be on 4.1 with the old baseband then youll just have to wait for the next jailbreak.. I would tell you to downgrade it but it sounds like you dont have your shsh saved.. And theres also a tutorial on updating while preserving your baseband on tiny umbrellas site.. Just google tiny umbrella should be the first post.. And your shsh only saves for the current firmware apple is signing and right now their only signing 4.1 thats why it didnt save for 4.0/4.0.1 ect..

Thanks, that sounds promising!

One question though, I can live without the phone being jailbroken. But will it still be unlocked?

Would anyone know how far off a jailbreak is for 4.1?

Thanks

Also, just want to make sure, will this work with the iphone 3gs?
    Last edited by Destroybot; 2010-09-21 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how long between making life easier and reset data? It usually takes about a week for cydia to back up you shsh.
    And do not go to 4.1, you will not be able to unlock at the moment with 4.1 and maybe never. If anything go to 4.0.1, but you will first need you shsh backed up.

You might be at a catch 22 cause cydia takes awhile to backup shsh after you hit make my life easier. You need to wait for that in order to restore to 4.0.1

oh didn't read the other post so well, but his idea works as well as it preserves the baseband for unlock
    Last edited by fc97accord; 2010-09-21 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hit the make my life easier on Saturday, hit the reset button maybe an hour later? so about 4 days ago now?
    Why does that make a difference?

So wait, if I do do the tinyumbrella preserve, with 4.1 upgrade, I'll still have the phone unlocked? Even in 4.1?

Thanks,
    Last edited by Destroybot; 2010-09-21 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroybot View Post
    I hit the make my life easier on Saturday, hit the reset button maybe an hour later? so about 4 days ago now?
    Why does that make a difference?

So wait, if I do do the tinyumbrella preserve, with 4.1 upgrade, I'll still have the phone unlocked? Even in 4.1?

Thanks,
    No it won't be unlocked once you ugrade, but you will be able to unlock once a jailbreak comes out. Which might be a while yet.

Thanks for the responses.

Is it possible that the SHSH is stored on the phone still? Would it be possible to extract them at all?

Shsh are store in cydia or extracted from your phone with tinyumbrella.

But as far as I know if you only recently did your shsh you will NOT be able to restore to anything other than 4.1.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks,

So just ideally, would I want to do the 4.1 upgrade now before the jailbreak comes out, just in case apple changes what firmware sig. they'll sign?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'll want to avoid 4.1 if you need the unlock. Or you'll want to learn how to preserve the baseband with TinyUmbrella to upgrade to 4.1.

That's what I'm wondering, should I preserve the baseband right now and upgrade to 4.1, or just wait till there is a jailbreak/unlock for 4.1 to do anything?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I believe there will not be a new unlock out as the devs have only mentioned a new JB but not an unlock. So it won't make a diff if you wait or do it now, you'll have to preserve the baseband either way.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the third, fourth, and fifth digits of your serial number, just those not all.

Hmm... All I have is the phone, and I don't have the serial # on the back. There is Model no. FCC ID, and IC ID. Would any of those help?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Regardless of the bootrom version, no SHSHs means no restore with custom fw. Especially being jailbroken with Jailbreakme. The SHSHs are needed to downgrade to at least 3.1.x to JB with a non-userland method in order to restore to a custom fw on an old boot phone. So the serial number is irrelevant at this point since you stated the JB method was Jailbreakme on 4.0 and no SHSHs were saved.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Regardless of the bootrom version, no SHSHs means no restore with custom fw. Especially being jailbroken with Jailbreakme. The SHSHs are needed to downgrade to at least 3.1.x to JB with a non-userland method in order to restore to a custom fw on an old boot phone. So the serial number is irrelevant at this point since you stated the JB method was Jailbreakme on 4.0 and no SHSHs were saved.
    I will differ on that!

I have restored from 4.01 jailbreakme on 3gs old bootrom down to 3.1.2 using PWNAGE Tool then took the 3gs to 4.0 with PWNAGE Tool and NEVER did I use my shsh's which I have and for 3.0 to 4.1

I have also did this with sprit break.

So is that something that I can do in my situation?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Then I'd really like to see a detailed guide from you on how to do so. Considering you did this without SHSHs, I'd like to know how to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 on my iP4.

Hey all,

I just saw that there is this tool called snowbreeze 2.0.1 released.

Would you know if this would help to resolve my problem?

Again, I have a 3gs phone, 4.0 OS, Jailbroken with jailbreakme.com.
    stuck on apple logo.

Thanks!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You cannot use Sn0wbreeze unless you have two things:

1) SHSHs to downgrade to 3.1.x with
    2) the old bootrom 3GS

You'll need to meet BOTH of these specifications to use Sn0wbreeze

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast