Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone synced with another Itunes library - Need Help!

Default iPhone synced with another Itunes library - Need Help!
    Hey everyone,

I have absolutely no idea how this happened. I havent added music to my iphone for a while and today I tried to do so. I noticed the mp3's were not dragging and dropping into itunes. I checked the summary page and "Manually manage music and movies" was not checked. I checked the box and clicked "Apply". Upon doing so I got this question:

Im on a PC, but it is the same questions as in the picture. Here is the problem. I have 0 items in my library. That included music, movies, contacts, and apps. I have ALLOT of apps, music and other data on the iphone and I would hate to have to scour for them again. I really do not know what is going on with this whole syncing thing. Everytime I try to sync it asks to erase everything and add whats in the library. But the library is empty.

What are my options? I really need to get music back on this phone and I would hate to format it. The phone is on 4.0 and jailbroken. SHSH's are saved for 4.0 and 4.0.1 just in case.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Last edited by Freebeer187; 2010-09-21 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Erasing it will not install or update ur software, it just removes the apps and music etc.
    There is no way around this, it means u synced ur phone to another computer already, or maybe the same computer which was reformated after.
    If u have 0 items in ur library then why do u want to sync? Nothing will be transferred right..

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Erasing it will not install or update ur software, it just removes the apps and music etc.
    There is no way around this, it means u synced ur phone to another computer already, or maybe the same computer which was reformated after.
    If u have 0 items in ur library then why do u want to sync? Nothing will be transferred right..
    I do not want to sync but i have no choice. I hooked up my phone to the only possible pc that this could have happend and still no luck. I think somehow something was sabotaged.

Basically here is my plan. Backup music using sharepod. Try to backup my contacts somehow. Is there anything i can do for the apps?

U can try appbackup from cydia. U can also sync music with copytrans instead of erasing. But that's only for music/vids, it doesn't do apps. After u erase, just make sure u check off "manually manage" in itunes so it won't happen again

Thanks ill do that.

So having manually manage music causes this? Whats the problem with having that checked?

No I meant have it checked so it's on. iPhone is only allowed to sync with one computer and that can't be changed. For security I guess. Manually manage will let u still transfer songs and vids if this happens again, but not apps. So if it happens again u can just drag and drop music without syncing the entire library

Thanks but manually manage music has always been checked as far as i know. I would love to know what caused this. I only own amother pc and it also gives me the same problem.

Whiile im at do you think i should upgrade to 4.0.1? I dont think it makes a diffrence on a 3gs though...

No I don't think there's any difference. Erasing will only delete ur data, restoring will get rid of all ur settings too so it's up to u. If it's checked, then can u still drag and drop music into the iPhone?
    If u have more than one user, try logging into the other account and see if it works. U have be on the same computer/account as the one u first synced with.