Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Needed iPhone 4 Boot very slow

Default Help Needed iPhone 4 Boot very slow
    Hey team

Something is causing my phone to really take a long time to boot up after being turned off
    I remember there was a way to WINSCP into your phone and see what is loading and edit a plist and delete things to help it boot faster
    but can not remember the file I need to edit

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this please

I am on an iphone 4

Thanks all
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

How long does yours take? Mine takes longer than my 3GS, by quite a bit, but it seems normal due to the method that the jailbreak uses. Mine takes about two minutes sometimes.
    HK-Z on Game Center

2-4 minutes, i think it has to do with rock or something
    I unistalled rock from Cydia the other day cause it does not work anymore since their merger, think there is left over in the plist

I just need to figure out what is the plist you can edit or file to see what is loading

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Trying to avoid a restore, anyone else have the solution or know the files I can look at

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

60% of the time, it works every time.

Did that thanks, not much difference, still have 2-4 minute reboot from off
    I know there is a file or plist I can edit to see what is loading and really think that is the problem, if only someone can help me remember which file it is.
    Hope someone can help I really do not want to restore

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you end up finding a solution to this problem Dallas? I'm not exaggerating when I say my boot time on my iPhone 4 is now over 10 minutes. It just sits on the apple logo all that time, makes a couple of bleeping noises at the 5 minute mark, then finally gets to the lock screen after 11 - 12 minutes.

I have no idea what has caused this, but I'd really love a solution. Particularly as I've also been getting random lockups lately, and the only way out of those is rebooting, which means I'm without my phone for 10 minutes plus all the time.

Really not looking forward to restoring again if that's the only option

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mniac View Post
    Did you end up finding a solution to this problem Dallas? I'm not exaggerating when I say my boot time on my iPhone 4 is now over 10 minutes. It just sits on the apple logo all that time, makes a couple of bleeping noises at the 5 minute mark, then finally gets to the lock screen after 11 - 12 minutes.

I have no idea what has caused this, but I'd really love a solution. Particularly as I've also been getting random lockups lately, and the only way out of those is rebooting, which means I'm without my phone for 10 minutes plus all the time.

Really not looking forward to restoring again if that's the only option
    Just out of curiosity, how exactly are you "rebooting" your ip4? Are you using the SBSettings reboot function? Or the original hold the top button down until the "slide to power off", then restart? These two methods gave me very different boot time results, and i'm able to replicate the difference repeatedly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixace View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how exactly are you "rebooting" your ip4? Are you using the SBSettings reboot function? Or the original hold the top button down until the "slide to power off", then restart? These two methods gave me very different boot time results, and i'm able to replicate the difference repeatedly.
    I generally use SB Settings to reboot, but I didn't notice any difference in reboot speed regardless of how I rebooted it.

However I ended up finding a solution to this problem. By going into SB Settings and turning off all mobile substrate plugins, respring, then turn them all back on again and reboot. I don't know why this worked, but it did!