Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why when I take a pic using the front cam it backwards

Default Why when I take a pic using the front cam it backwards
    I take a pic using the front cam and the pic comes out mirror anyone know it this is normal?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yep. It's normal.

It's normal but why does it happen? Happens in every phone but I never knew why

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Mine doesn't do that. Mine comes out the way it's supposed to.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

It looks mirrored because it's something looking at you from the opp direction. Stand still and say there is a computer in front of you and a mouse to the right of you. Now stand behind your desk and look where you were sitting. The mouse is on the left. That's 100% normal and every single phone or camera you aim at your self does that.

you're holding it the wrong way

The screen image is like you look at a mirror but the photo comes out the other way and correct.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's probably because people are used to looking in a mirror when seeing themselves. The mirror actually does mirror you and because you're used to seeing that, you think the phone is faulty when it shows you the right way.

As a test, try closing your right eye and take a picture of yourself. You'll be able to see on the picture that it in fact is your right eye that is closed.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

The reason is to avoid confusion when you adjust your position on the photo: if you see your face is near the right edge of the screen, the normal reaction by the brain is moving your face to the left. If it shows exactly as the photo when it comes out, you will see your face near the left edge of the screen, your brain will tell you to move right and your face will be farther from the center. It goes the same way with the webcam when you look at the monitor screen.