Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g jb 3.1.3 frozen on loading screen...

Default iphone 3g jb 3.1.3 frozen on loading screen...
    This iphone is unlocked and on Tmobile US.

My iphone 3g is frozen on the apple loading screen... How it happened was last night, my battery died, and was prolly dead for about an hour or so. I plugged it in and now frozen on the apple loading screen.

I can enter recovery mode or DFU mode but itunes and winxp will NOT see the iphone in those modes. But if I just connect the iphone to my pc, Itunes will see it as well as iphonebrowser.

Ive tried changing the com.apple.Springboard.plist in the /system/library/launchdaemon/ folder, but most of the text appears as squares and odd symbols. So idk wtf that is...

please help!!!

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have any type of wifi sync program on your pc? If so it can stop itunes from seeing the phone sometimes.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    Do you have any type of wifi sync program on your pc? If so it can stop itunes from seeing the phone sometimes.
    not that I'm aware of. This same thing happened to me when i was trying to jailbreak it the first time. I had to use the gf's netbook to do it. not an option now though...

at this point now, the iphone seems to be continuously restarting itself, until the battery dies. it gets as far as the spinning wheel to make 1 maybe 2 revolutions, then the wheel itself freezes... and of course the phone restarts itself...

why is this happening...

anything, im at a loss...
    Last edited by grey03svt; 2010-09-20 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the exact same problem I think.
    I replaced my broken glass without any problems, however afterwards my iphone just wont start, apple logo for about 3-4 minutes followed by loading "sun" for a lil bit and reboot until battery's out.
    I tried reseting with the home/sleep button thingy, all is fine with bar loading up the progress etc on the phone, but wont get past the apple logo still.
    help!

let it fully charge, then enter dfu mode and restore
    WANT A UDID SLOT TO RUN BETA iOS FIRMWARE? 87 SLOTS AVALIABLE. $3 EACH PM ME

I've entered dfu mode both straight off when battery's just above 5% and when it was full, or rather I believe it was full cause it was rebooting itself to death for a couple of hours after.
    It started off with not being able to reset it in dfu mode cause of the PIN code, couldn't access anywhere to unlock it, changed sim card into another phone, turned off pin code and have now reseted it twice. anything else I can do?
    Last edited by mattemaan; 2010-09-21 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cybereclipse View Post
    let it fully charge, then enter dfu mode and restore
    restore to what? unjailbroken unlocked and 4.1?