Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disk Aid instead of OpenSSH

Default Disk Aid instead of OpenSSH
    I live near on my college campus and use its wifi. As a result, I can't get OpenSSH to work. Is there a way around this? I did some searching online and learned that I could use a free download of Disk Aid, essentially in the same manner as OpenSSH (except that it requires USB). Is this true?
    Also, since I'm new to OpenSSH'ing, where's the best place to start (i.e. most comprehensive how-to)?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

My personal favourite ssh alternative is iFunbox.
    As far as a tutorial goes, theres not much to it, plug your phone in and then you can view the raw file system just like you would a pc or mac. You can edit/replace/remove files, but obv you need to be careful as dwleting the wrong ones can force you to restore! As for where things are its easiest just to look around the files and get to know it, thats what i done! (for doing that its probs best to use ifile on your device, much easier to navigate)

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Also from cydia you will want afc2add. I think that's it's name but you'll need that for complete control of all directories.

I just read that iFunbox isn't Mac compatible, know of anything similar that is?