Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: old or new 3gs

Default old or new 3gs
    I have just got a new 3gs which has ios 4.0.1, which i have JB. My original 3gs has SHSH for all firmwares from 3.1.2 but is 12 months old now.

As I am selling one of them, which one should I sell

Do the iphone 3gs last long enough not to have to worry about the warranty?. I'd rather keep the older phone as it has more themes, apps, etc available as I can downgrade to 3.1.3 but am looking for some input from others please

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well, another thing that's good about the old 3GS is if it has the old bootrom. If it does, it means it'll have untethered jailbreaks indefinitely.

It really depends on if you're happy with the battery of the old phone as that's the only really difference between the two when it comes to performance.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

yusuf530i (2010-09-19)

I was more worried on whether the 3GS is reliable in that I won't have warranty with my old phone and it's 12 months older. Do you think this is a concern or not?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yusuf530i View Post
    I was more worried on whether the 3GS is reliable in that I won't have warranty with my old phone and it's 12 months older. Do you think this is a concern or not?
    Not really, not if you haven't had problems with it before. My 3GS is a year old and running smooth as ever. No battery problems either.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

yusuf530i (2010-09-19)