Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to get 4.1 w some(1) jailbreak feature(s)

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

Default how to get 4.1 w some(1) jailbreak feature(s)
    So I went to the genius bar today to replace my ipad syncing cable, which never worked.... and i ask if iphone 4s are in stock, they say yes, and i decided to get a 16gb... i get home and backup my iphone 1st gen, and then set up my iphone4 from the backup... well, my 1g had some residual jailbreak features that carried over from jb to jb... ie, my carrier setting (via MIM) has been G since forever, even after multiple restores... even when you put the legit apple ios on there, my carrier setting stuck... and now, my iphone4 carrier setting, on 4.1, after the restore from back-up, is G, not ATT... i like it

but sadly, i lost my ipod icon because i was also running 5 icon dock.. and that carried over too... i can still access ipod app but there is no icon for it... so i got restore- damn iphone four came out the box with 4.1... was dreaming about opening up a 4.0.1...

so, if you want to set a new carrier thru makeitmine, get a jb'd iphone, set it up with MIM, back it up, then restore from that backup on your 4.1 iphone...

curious about what other carryover jb features could be imported into 4.1 via this method...

and i also just realized that i lost some 15 apps that i had set up in categories folders... lol
    Last edited by punklove; 2010-09-19 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

This is pretty old news, came out couple years ago that this happens when restoring from backup.

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

and weird... while waiting for 4.1 to download, i downloaded the free case app and after i dl'ed it, ipod reappeared...

i just thought it was funny that it transferred over to the iphone4 on 4.1... and maybe informative... but i guess you are right x98car.... it is old news... if only i didnt have to restore to get my apps in categories back
    Last edited by punklove; 2010-09-19 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~