Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to edit cydia.list?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eeeasy View Post
    I opened up Cydia one day and I don't do it regularly so I would get these updates for the packages that I have. I had a handful so I just said "update all" or something like that. It went through and QuickReply had some new features because of the update so I was thinking ok, it looks like a good idea to keep up with the updates. I opened it up again one day and I had four updates. I just said, "What the hell, just update it." So I clicked "update all" and 4 updates installed. It went through, it didn't crash during installation, it installed and went back to my SB. After that, I don't even see the loading screen when I try to open it up. It just crashes back to SB.
    Hmm, hard to tell if it's the source causing the problem or something you installed. I would say it has been one of those updates. You could always try what I did to fix my Cydia crashing:

I can't remember the exact paths, but open up iFile or else SSH into your phone on your pc. I think you go to:

var/lib/dpkg/updates

It was a long time ago when I done this, and I don't have a jailbroken phone so I can't check the correct path. But maybe someone can guide you to where I mean. Anyway, once you get to the "updates" folder, there should be files named like 0001, 0002, 0003 etc. I deleted those files with numbers, there is like 3 or 4 (copy them or save them as a backup just incase). After you delete those files, reboot the phone and try Cydia again.

It worked for me and a few others I know of so fingers crossed for u! If that screws it up more for some reason, just place those files back in the directory. Though I'm not sure how else it could be fixed. Hope this helps buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Hmm, hard to tell if it's the source causing the problem or something you installed. I would say it has been one of those updates. You could always try what I did to fix my Cydia crashing:

I can't remember the exact paths, but open up iFile or else SSH into your phone on your pc. I think you go to:

var/lib/dpkg/updates

It was a long time ago when I done this, and I don't have a jailbroken phone so I can't check the correct path. But maybe someone can guide you to where I mean. Anyway, once you get to the "updates" folder, there should be files named like 0001, 0002, 0003 etc. I deleted those files with numbers, there is like 3 or 4 (copy them or save them as a backup just incase). After you delete those files, reboot the phone and try Cydia again.

It worked for me and a few others I know of so fingers crossed for u! If that screws it up more for some reason, just place those files back in the directory. Though I'm not sure how else it could be fixed. Hope this helps buddy.
    I looked in that folder and it had 25 files. I delete them all, including the 0000 one and it works again? I went back in and i had four updates available. I'm guessing one of those updates is what's causing the problem...well all is good now. I hope I don't have any other problems from now on...like when I decide to download a package from cydia. Thanks Funked. Thanks a bunch.

Also thank you dhamien for helpin me out too. I really appreciate it. I thought I wouldn't find someone to talk to about these issues. There isn't some jailbreak/unlock iphone hotline or customer service, know what I mean.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eeeasy View Post
    I looked in that folder and it had 25 files. I delete them all, including the 0000 one and it works again? I went back in and i had four updates available. I'm guessing one of those updates is what's causing the problem...well all is good now. I hope I don't have any other problems from now on...like when I decide to download a package from cydia. Thanks Funked. Thanks a bunch.

Also thank you dhamien for helpin me out too. I really appreciate it. I thought I wouldn't find someone to talk to about these issues. There isn't some jailbreak/unlock iphone hotline or customer service, know what I mean.
    Awesome man, glad to hear it worked! I had to do a lot of digging around to find out this stuff when it happened to me, so hope I made your life a bit easier :P

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Awesome man, glad to hear it worked! I had to do a lot of digging around to find out this stuff when it happened to me, so hope I made your life a bit easier :P
    Oh man, this should be on a cydia crashing solution sticky or something. Made my life that much easier and I can imagine how others feel when it first happens to them and they're googling stuff trying to find a solution.

Thanks for the ifile comment on this thread I've not done the ssh...whatever it's called too chicken so I edited the corrupt file and it worked for me...yay.

Thanks

Glad I could be of help it's always scary when Cydia keeps crashing or something else goes wrong!

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12