Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Solved] Cant detect iPhone 2g in recovery, normal, or DFU mode

Default [Solved] Cant detect iPhone 2g in recovery, normal, or DFU mode
    My iPhone 2g works just fine, almost mint condition, no water damage, and the OS is working just fine. It is jailbroken and hactivated btw.

I am on 3.1.2 and want to upgrade to 3.1.3 to get netflix. I plug in my iPhone to my mac and it sync'd for 1 second then stopped. After that could not get it to detect and it wont charge when it is plugged into my computer. I tried a different usb cable, nothing. I tried my pc, looked in device manager to see if windows detects it but nothing. iPhone wont charge and doesnt change anything when the cable is plugged in. I tried recovery mode and DFU mode and nothing works. However, when the phone is off and I plug the USB cable from my computer to the phone it turns on. Also it charges when it is directly connected to the wall using that USB adapter. So any ideas on how to get my phone to detect?

Oh and on a side note, what happened to facebook connect? I dont see it on chrome.

The $10 will be via paypal

i smacked it a few times on the edge of my desk holding it flat and that fixed it
    Last edited by mandeepop; 2010-09-17 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost