Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Battery, New Charging Dock but still no fully charging

Default New Battery, New Charging Dock but still no fully charging
    iPhone 3G, iOS 3.1.3, Sprit JB

Got it a little wet. Dried everything and it worked great except for the battery draining super fast. I was still able to fully charge and sync.

Decided to swap batteries out and got a new one. It powered up and we were back in business. Except it wouldn't charge. I didn't try to sync though. New Battery #1 (NB1) finally drained and left me with the red battery and lightening bolt.

Swapped NB1 out for Original Battery (OB) and now it wouldn't charge at all. I managed to get into DFU but was afraid to restore bc I didn't want to lose my JB.

Ordered up New Battery #2, thinking maybe NB1 was defective. NB2 worked but didn't charge. Luckily I also ordered a new charging dock. Put in the new charging dock and NOTHING worked. Couldn't even get it into DFU.

Swapped everything around again, cleaned with alcohol, blew motherboard with duster and dropped some alcohol inside. NOW I have NB2 with old (or original) charging dock working, sort of. Computer recognizes it (I did a backup in iTunes) and it shows the correct charging symbol HOWEVER it can't charge past 42%. I left it in the wall unit overnight and it was the same. Turned it off, used different charging docks, used USB charger -- I tried every different scenario I could -- and it's still at 36%-42%.

I'm going to restore (using Tiny Umbrella) to 4.0. I'm hoping this will solve it? Maybe?

Anyone have some insight as to what's going on? What else I can do?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not any good on the hardware side of things, but might aswell chuck you a cuple ofnsuggestions
    Have you double checked all the battery connections? I mean the onea on the phone not battery, make sure they r spotless.
    The only othe suggestion i have is to send it to iFixit, or check therw website for similiarnproblems to yours
    Hope you find a fix

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!