Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Auto sleep not working--$10 to anyone who can fix

Default Auto sleep not working--$10 to anyone who can fix
    Ive had this problem with both of the iPhone 4's I've had so it's not a hardware problem.
    If I press the sleep button, it sleeps. But it doesn't automatically sleep like it should, I have autolock enabled for 1 min.

It wasn't a big deal at first, but now I noticed that when my phone is sleeping and I get a notification it wakes up and never returns to sleep. It's still at the lock screen but the screen is on and doesn't even dim. It really drains my battery especially since the wifi connects also. The only way it returns to sleep is if I press the sleep button

I have a JB iPhone 4 4.0.1.
    I thought it was one of my cydia apps that was keeping it from sleeping but I can't find which one. I removed lockinfo and a few others and still can't fix it.

If u can find a fix without telling me to restore, I'll paypal u $10.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

turn off notifications and popup previews?
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks

Sorry the answer is to restore, but when you do set up as a new phone instead of from backup. There've been multiple people who've had this problem. They all had set the phone up from a backup of an old phone. As soon as it was set up as a new phone the problem was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    turn off notifications and popup previews?
    That won't solve the problem, it'll just cover it up. And I need notifications.

@jmonkey, I did set up as new phone, and then I synced all my stuff again along with the cydia back up. I guess ur right but I still think it's a cydia app. I'll do a restore and instead of aptbackup I'll manually install each app and see what happens. Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I had that same problem. Turn it to autosleep after 2 min and it should fix itself. After you let it sleep on 2 min, you can revert back to 1 min. That fixed me any way!

are you running an old version of vwallpaper?

or have an html lockscreen??
    Last edited by chrisrotolo; 2010-09-17 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

No I don't have vwallpaper installed at all and no HTML lockscreen, the only theme I have is glassklart.

@mj, are u talking about the autolock? Or the autosleep in supreme preferences?

Thanks

Autolock in settings

have you ever had insomnia/insomnia pro, maybe disabled it and then uninstalled it?
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

The 2min autolock didn't work, yes i have insomnia pro. Is that the problem? I'll remove it and see what happens

Thanks

Reformat and reload, make sure your apps are compatible. Since both phones are doing it, there is a common app causing this. Sometimes that's the only way. I've reloaded 3 times before I finally found the app that was causing my problem,

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had this problem as well. It does not happen very often and not sure what causes it. I have found a way to fix it temporary. When you go into settings, general, autolock it should say 1 minute before you click on autolock. See the picture, when my iPhone stops shutting off that space is usually blank. I have to go in to Autolock and reclick on 1 min, that fixes it until the next time it happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

I don't have an option for auto-lock, only passcode lock and restrictions. What version are u on?

Thanks

Jailbroken iPhone 4 on 4.0.1. Autolock has alway been there

Thanks

You said in you previous post the 2 min autolock didn't work.

That was in supreme preferences, if i go into passcode lock I can set a time, which I set to immediately, but i don't have that Auto lock option. Look at my screenshot, I don't have the spotlight option either. I think I know where the problem is now =\
    Any idea how I can get those options back?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Supreme prefs is the problem, I installed it once an it wiped all my general settings.

Fixed! Looks like it was supreme prefs that was causing all that. I uninstalled and reboot, it went to safe mode twice. Then I reboot again and it fixed, screen sleeps. Kinda sucks though cuz I really liked supreme prefs.
    I searched through google for hours and can't believe I missed this thread right here
    http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=26276
    Anyway idk who to give the money since both skiptowncat and posrjack found the problem..$5 each? =p

Thanks everyone for ur help, glad I could get it fixed without having to restore.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Keep your money, I'm just glad to help. I wasn't so lucky, when I went into the settings it was totally blank and needed a restore. Never again!!!

Thanks

Yes keep ur money glad you found the fix. Just pass on the help to someone next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast