Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Message tones/themes

Default Message tones/themes
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew if apple are bringing any updates out that allows you to have songs as message tones plus backgrounds instead of the plain one you get on iPhone Iv not got a jailbroken iPhone and not sure I want to very weary could anyone help with this matter as I want my iPhone to be pearsonal to me and not apple thanks

What phone? With FW 4.0+ you can change the wallpaper on the 3GS and iPhone 4 (but not the 3G). There is no sign of Apple allowing you to change your message tone but customisation is one of the main benefits of JailBreaking.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks for your reply I have a 3GS can't see why apple are being so tight tho could I ask you your opinion on jailbreaking is it worth it had a look at some forums and there mixed response so I'm in two minds really don't want to jailbreak it but at the moment don't think I have a choice thanks for getting back to me bout this query

Is Jailbreaking worth it? Only if you want access to all the great things Apple won't give you. Do I think it's worth it? Yes!

Can you Jealbreak your 3GS? Not if you have 4.02 or4.1 FW
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

No I can't yet till the hackers have figured out coz Iv just updated to 4.1 thanks for your comment il look into it

Hi me again just wondered if you know if I bought an reconditioned iPhone from America would my uk sim provider work in it as I'm from uk
    Last edited by Iceman_79; 2010-09-14 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not unless you can unlock it.
    What FW is it on and how much is it?

I was thinking of buying an recon one from the American apple store as I can't believe how cheap they are $179 but where I'm from the cheapest iPhone 4 is around 600 im on 02 network in the uk

Is that price contract free or with a contract? Would they ship outside the USA? It will be locked to AT&T and Apple will almost certainly have put the latest FW on it which can't be unlocked.

Not sure just read it on a forum on here I'm gonna phone my network provider and see if they know if its possible thanks for the info

Not sure just read it on a forum on here I'm gonna phone my network provider and see if they know if its possible thanks for the info
    Last edited by Iceman_79; 2010-09-15 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost