Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 mass storage.

Default Iphone 4 mass storage.
    Is this possible? I got pwntunes and it lets me so there must be another way. I would buy it to be honest i have got used to xpod so i just want to be able to drag and drop music straight into the var mobile media music directory. I have been using iphone browser but its really slow.

Thanks in advance.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

What is your question?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Can i use my iphone 4 as a mass storage device? Isnt that obvious?

Yes, you can use ANY iPhone as a mass storage device, even a jailed one. Jailed devices limit you to using /var/mobile/Media/ but that shouldn't be a problem (in fact, I'd argue it's a good thing).

The only problem is that Windows can't read the filesystem properly, so you'll need to use iPhone Explorer or another third party app to access it. Linux and I expect most Unix-based OSes will just mount the drive like any other.
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 2010-09-13 at 11:39 AM.

I know about all this already i have been using iphone browser but the file transfers are too slow. Im wanting a jailbreak app like pwntunes but one thats not 12 as i dont want the music imported to ipod like pwntunes does

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liamwalsh21 View Post
    Is this possible? I got pwntunes and it lets me so there must be another way. I would buy it to be honest i have got used to xpod so i just want to be able to drag and drop music straight into the var mobile media music directory. I have been using iphone browser but its really slow.

Thanks in advance.
    Y not try including your question next time then, yes it's possible there's somethin on cydia(damn cant remember it's name) I think it's "lib USB" or maybe just USB, If u search USB it'll come up. That isn't the most efficient as it partitions your hdd, plus it won't charge your phone whilst it's in "USB mode" you have to respring out of it.
    The easiest way is to use iFunbox, it's super fast, it can read/write files from/to your device as if it were a normal HDD, I recommend at least giving it a go

I will try it thanks. Is it windows and ios4 compatible? Just went on the website and it said os 3. Cant check properly though on my phone

Thanks

Yes windows and i have used it upto 4.0.2, so your good to go

USB drive is the name.

I'm unable to find an app called USB Drive...do I need to add a repository to Cydia? I'm searching for a way to make my device a "true" flash drive, as in one that does not rely on wifi or more importantly iTunes. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by pitboss View Post
    I'm unable to find an app called USB Drive...do I need to add a repository to Cydia? I'm searching for a way to make my device a "true" flash drive, as in one that does not rely on wifi or more importantly iTunes. Thanks in advance
    Google for it.

The source is
    Http://apt.dmytro.me/
    It's free.
    Running on i4 ios4.x.x
    Makes a partition. Read the documentation to use. Respring required to access partition. I've done all the research, this is the best and only option out there, next to pwntunes which has other issues like mac/xp compatibility.

Note: This is a jump drive. You do not access files thru ifile or any other program.

While you're at it email the dev. I think he's abandoned the app and that's a mistake in my opinion.

Also, I think people don't know about becuz the dev didn't do much about it, even tho a great many people want this and would gladly even pay for it. It's been around a long time and still no one knows it exists.

Question: can someone take this and submit it to one of the major repositories? It should have been done a year ago...