Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 and touch 4th gen FaceTime calls

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 and touch 4th gen FaceTime calls
    Just wanted to share a story..
    So today I bought the new iPod touch for my gf and was excited to FaceTime with it with my iPhone 4
    To my surprise, when making a FaceTime call with the iPod to the iPhone 4 it cancels because I needed to upgrade my iPhone 4 to firmware 4.1 (my 4 is on 4.0.1)
    So I was really bummed out lol
    Today was a fail...

nice story ;P lol jk, that kinda sucks, prob cause some changes were made to facetime in 4.1

but just wondering, If you wanna talk to ur GF on facetime, how do u call her if shes using iPT

I hope apple doesn't do that with every firmware update..that would be a problem for jailbreakers. I also have the same question, do the iPod touch users have their own phone number to dial?

Got the answer to my question.. By email

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    I hope apple doesn't do that with every firmware update..that would be a problem for jailbreakers. I also have the same question, do the iPod touch users have their own phone number to dial?
    the itouch doesn't have a number, the facetime calling is based on email addresses

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Got the answer to my question.. By email
    so what is the answer? lol

edit: nevermind i found the answer, you need to be on 4.1 firmware to call an itouch to facetime
    Last edited by mindblown; 2010-09-13 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost