Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! I deleted...

Default Help! I deleted...
    By accident I deleted my cydia app on my jb iPhone 3GS on 4.0.1 and now I don't know how to get it back! Is there a way I can download cydia again?

Thanks

Rejailbreak.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Would that mean I would have to restore my phone and then jb? or do I just gotta go to jailbreakme.com( the way I jb my phone) and do the whole process again?

Thanks

You'll have to restore and rejailbreak. If you don't have your SHSH on file with cydia, tinyumbrella or your pc, you won't be able to stay at your current firmware version. That means you'll go to 4.1 and there's no jailbreak yet. Are you dependent on a carrier unlock?
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

do you have ssh installed?

yeah i had my shsh file saved on cydia, everytime i would go into cydia it would say your shsh file is saved and i dont remember if ssh was installed why?

Thanks

Oh snap moon pie! I didn't even think about that!

Will it allow an install via SSH? I know you can edit and delete or copy read files over, but will simply copying Cydia over work?

I cant help you there. Idk what to do about deleted Cydia with SSH.

But you at least have your SHSH on file! If you cant fix it via SSH, it sounds like you'll be able to restore and jailbreak no problem.

how did you delete it by accident

Try re-running jailbreakme, and restore if it fails.

if you installed openssh you could download cydia and run a -dpkg command to install it to the proper directory.

Green Apple
    Thanks

do you have rock installed ? if so you can download cydia via rock

No just cydia installed and I deleted by accident thinkingthat I could dl it again bc it kept giving me errors and how would I be able to do restore and jb with my SHSH on file?