Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrade baseband

Default downgrade baseband
    i updated to 4.1 but i saved my shsh blob through cydia if i downgrade to 4.0.2 through cydia with my shsh saved will my baseband go back to 1.59.00 thanks any info welcome thx ,,,oooh and yes i am proply noob for updating but i was on 4.0.2 anyway didnt know about baseband thing lol

Nope u can't downgrade basebands.

if we cant downgrade basebands then what do we do if we want to use T-mobile?? or another carrier

Then u have to sell ur phone and buy another one with a lower baseband. You also wait for an unlock for that baseband but it will probably come in a long time. Maybe even never

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

There's nothing you can do to unlock once your baseband has been upgraded to the one that came with 4.1.

You'll have to wait for a new unlock or get another phone. The new unlock doesn't seem to be in progress and might not be worked on, it's unclear whether there will be one or when it will be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Then u have to sell ur phone and buy another one with a lower baseband. You also wait for an unlock for that baseband but it will probably come in a long time. Maybe even never
    Sorry I wasn't copying you lol, you just type faster than me and beat me to it.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-19 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I used tiny umbrella to upgrade my iPhone's wife to 4.1 in that way you can do it without upgrade your baseband, google it. Anyways I think is to late. But wait till the new jailbreak for 4.1 comes, maybe you can do something after that, you never know.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragonair View Post
    if we cant downgrade basebands then what do we do if we want to use T-mobile?? or another carrier
    Avoid upgrading it in the first place.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.