Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH issue

Default SHSH issue
    Ok heres the cliff notes up front:

32g 3gS 3.1.3 old bootrom
    no significant JB issues but want to upgrade to 4.0.1
    my phone says shsh blobs saved on cydia. . . however this is the wifes phone and it doesnt say that.
    I did her phone exactly like mine, and clicked make my life easier.
    I could do all this on TU but prefeer both TU and cydia.
    Is there a way to get the "make my life easier" after she has been running the phone for 3 months?

Then whole story:

So my wife wants to upgrade to 4.0.1 and thats no big deal. I saved the shsh. . . Im pretty dang sure I clicked the make my life easier button. . . in fact Im certain. Im pretty confident when working with iPhones but this one has me stumped. I cant get the shsh to show up on cydia. I also dont know how to "make my life easy" again so to speak.

Id like to find a way to get cydia to start automatically saving them for me. When I get home from my vacation I can try to save everything to TU but other than that I understand shes waiting until I update and jailbreak something new.

Is this something I can just open in cydia? Any type of setting I can change? LMK
    Last edited by nice shot; 2010-09-11 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Once you press make my life easier you dont have to press it again and it shouldn't show up again. Cydia will automatically save your SHSH for all firmwares after that. Whether or not you have SHSH for 4.0.1 depends on when you pressed make my life easier

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Once you press make my life easier you dont have to press it again and it shouldn't show up again. Cydia will automatically save your SHSH for all firmwares after that. Whether
    or not you have SHSH for 4.0.1 depends on when you pressed make my life easier
    Well I pressed it but it's not showing the recorded shsh on the top of cydia. We broke her phone back in the beginning of 3.1.3.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

nice shot (2010-09-16)

Tiny umbrella is the most assure way of knowing that ur shsh blobs will be saved on cydia..I'd 1st save the shsh blobs through TU if u haven't updated yet..to be sure

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OMG For This Useful Post:

nice shot (2010-09-16)

Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    Tiny umbrella is the most assure way of knowing that ur shsh blobs will be saved on cydia..I'd 1st save the shsh blobs through TU if u haven't updated yet..to be sure
    Im gonna be doing this. I figured this will be the easiest way. Just save with TU and then go back in to the host file and take the # off. . . anyways yea. . . thats the easy way i guess.

thanks guys