Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 3G 16GB Nothing Working for me

Question IPhone 3G 16GB Nothing Working for me
    we were given an iPhone 3G 16GB Phone and we use T-Mobile...I have been downloading apps for nearly 8 hours now and I can't get anything to work for me...I am trying to Downgrade to Ver. 3.1.1 and it always gives me an error saying the file is not authorized or something.....I have read till my eyes hurt and I just cant find the correct files to work, is there someone willing to help me get thru this so my wife can use this FREE PHONE before I go absolutely Insane? Any Help would be appreciated. All I am wanting to do is unlock it in order to use our T-Mobile Sim Card.

Download FW 3.13 and 3.12 from Firmware - The iPhone Wiki
    Download RedSn0w from redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]
    Restore your phone to 3.13 then run RedSn0w but when it asks for the ipsw use the 3.12 file.
    In Cydia add the repo repo666.UltraSn0w.com and install UltraSn0w.
    Enjoy your phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thank You Very Much...I'm am going to try that now...I will et you know how it comes out...sorry to be so ignorant but I have never tried this before, just tryin to help the wife....Thanks Again.

well those files didnt work either...here is as much info as I can give you....The Updated version of FW appears to be 4.1.8B117, I am using I-Tunes ver 10 When I try to update to the DownGrade, it gives me the same error and says the files are not Valid.....any idea?
    Last edited by TXTRUCKER; 2010-09-11 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

That's because apple won't sign any fw under 4.1 now.
    Unless you have shsh blob thingys (which by the looks of it you don't) then you can only update 2 fw 4.1

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

In which case your apps will work but there is no unlock

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Maxxy you are wrong. He can restore to 3.13

Yes he can restore to 3.1.3 shsh are only for 4.x.x

Well Gentlemen, it does appear that there is something to the fact of APPLE not signing the files and thus being unable to Downgrade the FW to 3.1.3....I have downloaded about 10 or more FW Files all to No Avail with the same error message that they are not Valid..I don't have the exact wording right now but that is what it boils down to....so unless I can acquire the files that have been Signed or the such, it looks like we may be out of Luck....till someone comes with another way to trick the phone. At first I thought i was just getting bad files but it is beginning to look like Apple has found the way to keep us from unlocking these phones and I am not willing to Switch to ATT....I gave them up many years ago...about 8 yrs ago and switched to T-Mobile and been with them ever since...it's a Shame that Apple allows ATT to Monopolize their Phones...seems like they would sell twice as many if they allowed T-Mobile to use the iPhone also...but what do I know....I am just a workin stiff. Thanks for your help fellas and if you come up with something, I'll try it. Thanks Again.

You can install 3.13 on a 3G. where are you getting the message? What are the names of the files you downloaded from the link I provided?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.