Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HORRID amount of dropped calls and data issues

Default HORRID amount of dropped calls and data issues
    I am JB'd on 4.01 3Gs

I have been having issues ever since the iOS update...

but lately my phone has turned into a friggin paper weight

after every other call I have to reboot my phone (even when it has 3 or more "bars"), my calls fail so often its crazy, I cant send or receive texts with out a restart, data connection fails after about 5 mins a straight use

Its HORRIBLE...its so bad I'm considering buying an EVO

I need help I want to get this corrected, I cant take it into the store still JB'd and if I restore I loose the JB all together

any one out there experiencing this or know how to fix it?

I'd reccomend you downgrade back to 4.0... hope you got your shsh blobs saved on cydia... I was on 4.0.1 too.... I thought it was horrible, the new fat ugly signal bars for whatever reason made reception worst. As soon as I dowgraded back to 4.0, everything was working flawlessly like the 3.1 OS's...you'd probably only want to keep it at least at 4.0 for app compability. As I see it, I'm now thinking apple threw out 4.0.1 in an attempt to save face & cover up their fix for the iphone 4 reception problem. It's a pointless update if you're still on a 3GS...

U have a link or how to downgrade...I had one of those custom firmwares used with the devteam jb tool but it never worked
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    I'd reccomend you downgrade back to 4.0... hope you got your shsh blobs saved on cydia... I was on 4.0.1 too.... I thought it was horrible, the new fat ugly signal bars for whatever reason made reception worst. As soon as I dowgraded back to 4.0, everything was working flawlessly like the 3.1 OS's...you'd probably only want to keep it at least at 4.0 for app compability. As I see it, I'm now thinking apple threw out 4.0.1 in an attempt to save face & cover up their fix for the iphone 4 reception problem. It's a pointless update if you're still on a 3GS...

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it *could* be hardware issue, my 3G has done this for some time. It got to the stage were I never had signal unless in a 3G area, I even rang o2 to see if it was their problem but it wasn't. If your downgrade doesn't work I'd b looking to upgrade if I were you

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!