Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I get the iPhone 4?

Default Should I get the iPhone 4?
    Well, I'm thinking about buying an iPhone 4. By adding a new line, and buying for $200, since I'm still under contract with my primary line which had my now lost/stolen iPhone 3GS. Since 4.1 was released, it might have OS 4.1 or 4.0.2. I know their is no public release for the 4.1, but their has been news about their being one. Canceling my contract could be like $150 bucks as it said on the ATT website. Adding with new line would be $10 more dollars on the bill, plus $25 for the data plan pro.

Should I but the iPhone 4 with the new line?
    When is the estimated release for the new 4.1 jailbreak?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

4.1 public release of FW was YESTERDAY/
    JB possibly in next week.
    iPhone 4 is worth the purchase, just the sexy screen alone is reason.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I doubt the jailbreak will be released in a week. Probably going to take at Least a few weeks (maybe longer) to turn it from exploit to full fledged working jailbreak.

jailbreak= get it, no jailbreak or tethered jailbreak= you may want an Evo4G
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
    jailbreak= get it, no jailbreak or tethered jailbreak= you may want an Evo4G
    Evo4G is for Sprint, I have ATT. and iPhone is the best handheld device in the world, especially jailbroken, and even without a jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorDuzWork View Post
    Evo4G is for Sprint, I have ATT. and iPhone is the best handheld device in the world, especially jailbroken, and even without a jailbreak.
    I have to agree with that

So I should get it huh?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah i would.... it has a big RAM and the multitasking is good with quickly replying to messages if it is in the task bar.... and besides, there will be a jailbreak in the future, possibly the near future.... if you have the chance just get it, it is the best phone around in my opinion.... but i only have a 3g so it sucks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drog92 For This Useful Post:

PredatorDuzWork (2010-09-10)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Get it

There will likely be a JB sometime within the next month or two. If not you can always sell it for loads of $$ and by another 3GS thats still jailbreakable.

Edit: or get another 4 thats jailbreakable from someone else after selling yours if for some odd reason 4.1 isnt able to be jailbroken (which I doubt).
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-10 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i was shopping around this summer, thinking about an EVO or Incredible or something. but I had already bought all these apps for my 3G. and the Retina display's amazing. and the camera makes me cream my pants. it's my only point-and-shoot. now I carry my phone and a 35mm SLR. LOVE IT. BUY IT.

JB will be soon, considering the new news today
    Don't forget to "thank" if I've helped you!

Cheers!

Get it. It's much better than the 3GS and with a jailbreak coming soon, it'll be even better...

hell yes get an iphone4 i just recently switched from a iphone 3g big preformance diffrence... i like the andriod phones but u cant compare the iphone.., it has a bigger comunnity than andriod and there is more apps and tweaks u can do to it.. the thing with the iphone is that the jailbreaking and updating os can be annoying other than that its an awesome phone... worth the buy ;-)

Thanks for the responses guys.

I just wanted some assurance about the jailbreakability of the iPhone 4 which probably comes with 4.1 firmware.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Even with no jailbreak iphone4 is a defo. It doesn't feel anything like a 3G/s or any iTouch, the speed is truly something else, as for the screen, ***** beautiful! I'm not even going to jailbreak if it's tethered, the i4 feels so much better than my 3G even without!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude.....just do it!! Your life will then be complete.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

na, it's not worth a sh!t! i'm thinking about giving it away.

NOT!!!!!!

I can't keep my hands off the thing! It's sweet and even better with an untethered JB!

I'd wait for the internal antenna fix...Craiglist has many 3gs's on sale... be free don't lock yourself into another horrid 2 years of contract...

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you man expect, I don't have a contract or a phone atm. So I could get one but the no unlimited data is killing it hard. I'm also considering the EVO 4G I have been going back an forth now for about month and still can't decide.

Do it. Even unjailbroken I loved the iPhone 4 the second it came out of the box. Now that it's jailbroken it's the best piece of tech I've owned.
    HK-Z on Game Center

If you can afford the two lines, do it.

Also gives you the ability to upgrade every year instead of every other :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast