Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 jailbreak good news

Thanks

Omfg dude! The SHAtter exploit was announced Sept. 9th and the "few days" rumor has circulated since. Pretty damn close to a month.

Your beloved pod2g post is over a week old. Days? Well a year is still 365 DAYS!

There is no credible info period. A dude on a site"s friend went to posix's house and saw it? Umm ok? Talk about indisputable evidence!

Look, I'm not impatient. I know it'll be out soon enough. I know we won't get updates, just like every other jailbreak. You're hyping something that doesn't need to be hyped. You have zero info.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Default BREAKING NEWS GreenPois0n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak is Confirmed to Release on Sunday, 10th Oct
    Members of Chronic Dev Team have confirmed that SHAtter based GreenPois0n jailbreak for A4 iOS based devices is finally dropping on 10th October 2010 at 10:10:10AM GMT. According to them, the said tool is done and is ready to release on the mentioned date and time.

The iPhone Download Blog reports that P0sixninja says that this new jailbreak for the iPhone is going to release on Sunday and we can see this day being very busy indeed and know that everyone will be doing the jailbreak.

According to Chpwn this new release was just an ETA, which means just an estimate, but we know this is great news and all will be very happy indeed.
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-08 at 02:14 PM.

So it looks like if you DONT have an iPhone4 you CANT JB with GreenPois0n?
    Am I reading that right?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You are reading right. Only devices that have the A4 chip are vulnerable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

get your SHSH's backed up
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by sirlance0505 View Post
    So it looks like if you DONT have an iPhone4 you CANT JB with GreenPois0n?
    Am I reading that right?
    The SHAtter exploit based GreenPois0n tool is all set to arrive on October 10. But unfortunately, it will only jailbreak the fourth-generation devices like the iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 4G and the Apple TV 2G. This limitation is because of the nature of how the low level bootrom exploit SHAtter works.

Both the members of iPhone and Chronic Dev Teams have confirmed that the creator of Spirit and JailbreakMe, Comex, has more userland exploits in possession which can jailbreak iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G in future. But donít expect him to release them anytime soon. Since userland exploits can easily be patched by Apple, they are going to wait for Apple to release the final version of iOS 4.2 before releasing the new userland based jailbreak.

@geraldo72 no, the underlying SHAtter exploit doesnít work on that device. Wait for the next userland JB from comex for that.

@Jerometick something like that wouldnít be before official 4.2 is out (at the very least)

Also, the GreenPois0n tool releasing on Sunday is based on SHAtter exploit which was originally a tethered jailbreak. Comex came up with a userland based method to make it untethered in GreenPois0n tool. What this means is that Apple is likely going to patch the bits done by Comex in GreenPois0n which will make GreenPois0n a tethered jailbreak for all the supported devices on iOS 4.2.

Those reading between the lines: Yes SHAtter itself is tethered. @comex came up with a way to untether it on 4.1/3.2.2

SHAtter is yet another breed of exploit. Bootrom-based but requires userland "assistance" for untethered boots (@comex did this for 4.1)

The wait will then be for this new userland based jailbreak by Comex which will not only support iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G, but will also make GreenPois0n an untethered jailbreak again for all the fourth-gen devices on iOS 4.2.

I just wish they wouldn't have lead everybody on that GreenPois0n was an all idevice jailbreak tool. Got my hopes up for nothing....

"UPDATE 1: To clear the confusion, GreenPois0n will jailbreak all devices on their respective new firmwares
    . This includes all iPhones, iPads and iPod touches."

" Shatter was rumored to be tethered jailbreak which jailbreaks all existing iOS idevices forever including iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G." Posted on September 10

it sucks that its not for all idevices
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-08 at 10:39 PM.

Will this JB the 3GS aswell? Or is it just for the iphone 4?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    No it will not.

it will only jailbreak the fourth-generation devices like the iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 4G and the Apple TV 2G

Any news on a 3GS JB?

Any news on a 3GS JB?

How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.1 with PwnageTool [Guide]

Ive got a 32gb on the new baseband. Its locked to at&t. Am I still ******?

Ive got a 32gb on the new baseband. Its locked to at&t. Am I still ******?
    after jailbreaking you have to wait for ultrasnow which might be updated on Oct 10 and it will unlock the latest baseband. The firmware 05.14.02 & above are all locked at present.

As most of you will be aware, Sunday is the day when Apple iOS 4.1 jailbreaking tool GreenPois0n finally sees a release. We have a collection of links for where youíll be able to download it once it goes live.
    Considering the sheer amount of interest shown so far with GreenPois0n, it is safe to say that the official website is going to take a pounding once Chronic Dev-Team posts the download links.
    It may be worth getting the link from another location, especially if you donít want to experience slow download speeds. RedmondPie has already said theyíll be providing a link, while another GreenPois0n website will also provide a link for you.
    As we stated before, GreenPois0n is for the iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4 and iPad only. If you have an iPhone 3G or 3GS, do not try and install GreenPois0n, as it will probably brick your device. Donít forget there is a new jailbreak in progress for the 3GS, read more on that here.
    Below is a roundup of links of where the download will be once it is released tomorrow (10/10/10 10.10am)
    Official GreenPois0n site
    RedmondPie
    GreenPois0n.biz
    Let us know if youíve spotted any other places that will be hosting a link for GreenPois0n, i'll add it to the list.
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-09 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

^^^^ Ummmm how about the site you currently are on?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ All your jailbreaks links will be available here, is what Cer0 is saying, lolz

Its here folks! and its real!! Geohot is back big time with limera1n jailbreak for all iOS devices including: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 4G / 3G / 2G, untethered running iOS 4.1.

Limera1n is currently available for Windows only. Mac and Linux version are expected to drop soon. Stay tuned as we will be back with full instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 4.1, on all devices with Limera1n.

Download Limera1n for Windows

i installed this on my iphone 4 and finally it bypassed itunes activation page & finally it got activated and now i am able to see default apple apps and see what's in iphone 4 but limera1n did not add cydia . hopefully greenpOison will add that tomorrow.

correction - cydia installed after restart through limera1n app

GreenPois0n took weeks upon weeks upon weeks of development and hard work from the Chronic Dev Team. The SHAtter exploit based tool was supposed to release today, but after the release of George Hotzí Limera1n (which is based on a new exploit; pwns all iOS 4.1 devices), Chronic Dev Team had to make a very tough decision.

If the Chronic Dev Team were to release Greenpois0n today, it would be wasting a very important exploit (SHAtter). And they donít want to let a perfectly good exploit waste away. So what they are going to do is delay GreenPois0n. Yes, you heard that right. After weeks of anticipation, the GreenPois0n tool is being delayed.

Greenpois0n will now be reworked on. Chronic Dev Team will be saving the SHAtter exploit for later iOS devices and implementing Geohotís limera1n exploit.

Chronic Dev Team posted on their blog:

Thanks to the irresponsible antics of geohot, we will have to delay the release of greenpois0n (new ETA = as soon as possible), so that we have time to clean up his little mess and integrate the exploit he uses in limera1n into greenpois0n. This way, we can save SHAtter for future devices that may still be vulnerable to it.

We know that this is not what some people want to hear, but due to geohot needing to feed his ego (as usual) and revealing his limera1n exploit, we do not have any other responsible options.

While we are all happy that we got a much awaited, an all-device, iOS 4.1 jailbreak via Limera1n, we do however commend Chronic Dev Teamís decision of delaying the GreenPois0n tool release. As hard as that decision probably was to make, it is for the best interest of the jailbreak community.
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-10 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456