Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 jailbreak good news

So I have an iPhone 3g on 4.1 with the updated bootrom. I do not need an unlock, I just want to go back to my jailbreak. Can I do it with snowbreeze? I downloaded it and it seems easy to follow, I'm just scared to do it.

Thanks

Yea, it's fine. Just follow the directions, it's easy.

Will I run into that no phone icon or push issue? Also, I was jb on 4.01 and my phone was so slow it was nearly unusable until the official 4.1 update.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You will not lose your phone icon with sn0wbreeze. For push, since you are saying you do not need unlock, just select do not activate when making your custom firmware. Let itunes activate the phone then your push will work fine.

Thomas Lohner asks @pod2g about the release date:
    the release date be count by days or week ?
    @pod2g replied:
    I would say days.

Another thing you have missed which confirms it's really soon. Chronic dev team member p0sixninja, the hacker behind GreenPois0n payload has just posted back SHAtter exploit on the iPhone wiki and saying The SHAtter Story Begins..

all this was posted on wednesday oct 29 2010
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-02 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravz View Post
    Thomas Lohner asks @pod2g about the release date:
    the release date be count by days or week ?
    @pod2g replied:
    I would say days.

Another thing you have missed which confirms it's really soon. Chronic dev team member p0sixninja, the hacker behind GreenPois0n payload has just posted back SHAtter exploit on the iPhone wiki and saying The SHAtter Story Begins..

all this was posted on wednesday oct 29 2010
    WRONG! That was a parody account on Twitter, p0d2g! There has been ZERO info about a release date whatsoever. The ONLY source is Chronic Dev, period.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

You can count anything in days. A year is 365 days. So that would technically be a trick answer lol.

So I could say it would be released in 2 weeks or say it will release in 14 days.

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Thanks

^ lmao!!!
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

I hope dev team comes out with jailbreak before end of October

I want redsn0w to come to windows!

And btw pod2g did says the release date would be in days which he had mysteriously deleted :S
    but here is a link:
    New Jailbreak Days Away!?

And also p0sixninja replies to Rene818 that pod2g knows what he is talking about. :

p0sixninja @Rene818 pod2g is still helping with the jailbreak, so he knows what he's talking about
    2 days ago*in reply to Rene818

He also hinted that it doesn't work on 2G here:
    p0sixninja @GamalSabry81 better check your sources, it doesn't even work on ipt2g
    about 19 hours ago*in reply to GamalSabry81

And now I'm confused. Will it be tethered or unthethred? 7 days away or 70 days away. Musclenerd says it works on all devices but p0sixninja said it doesn't work on iPod touch 2G. On the iphonewiki it also says it is an exploit in the A4 processor. So does it work for all devices or not?
    At the bottom of the aricle is says :
    They both gave up in July and focused on other subjects.
    What does that mean?

SHAtter iPhone wiki page here:
    SHAtter - The iPhone Wiki

And also don't forget the Greenpois0n jailbreak for iPad and 3.1.3 ages ago was never released. I hope they do release a jailbreak this time. I think redsn0w for windows will be released before Greenpois0n.

I cant wait until either one of them!
    Last edited by Turismo; 2010-10-02 at 10:57 AM.

ultrasnow needs to be updated , all phones on baseband 5.14.02 & above cant get unofficial carriers unlocked..
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-02 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if this is a hardware exploit. why did it take 3 months to discover?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You try finding a hardware exploit and see how long it takes.

Default GreenPois0n jailbreak 4.1: iPhone hacker says no fixed release for now
    With two days passing since we heard the “Pod2g” hacker say that GreenPois0n Jailbreak 4.1 should be “days” away, iPhone owners have been checking for updates everyday.
    Two days later and its still not here, and it looks like we will not see the GreenPois0n iOS 4.1 jailbreak today or on Sunday, which is thanks to a little tweet by p0sixninja, Chronic Dev Team hacker. You can read his Twitter account.
    Within the last hour the tweets included saying Sunday is “Patience Please!” day, and tweeting the message “It’s /not/ coming out tomorrow”. The last tweet said that while you will not see the latest GreenPois0n jailbreak Sunday, it doesn’t mean you will see it today either.
    So it looks like the jailbreak will come in days and not weeks, but you can chill for the rest of the weekend, it’s pretty much confirmed you will not see the GreenPois0n download this weekend.

p0sixninja tweeted:

"Sunday is a Funday" is dev team’s slogan, I believe ours is "Patience Please!"

It’s /not/ coming out tomorrow, I’m just getting sick of hearing dev teams slogan (as much as everyone else is sick of hearing ours =P)

And no that doesn’t mean it’s coming today either. Patience Please!!
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-03 at 05:24 AM.

Thanks

Don't trust any websites that say they have a download of greenpoison.

“It’s /not/ coming out tomorrow”. More to read into this then you might think?

Lol, I made him say that. I tweeter Sunday is Funday to him and that was his reply

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast