Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Openssh

Default Openssh
    I am trying to learn how to use openssh on windows XP. Is there anyone out there who is willing to help me out or point me in the right direction?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

you sir are a genius. you just made my day. and just for that i am going to help you. as far as im concerned, trying to access your phone via a shell in windows is just useless. for your purposes you probably just want to browse, replace, add files, themes etc. so for that you would use winscp. its pretty simple. you find the ip address of your device by going into settings/wifi and then tapping the blue arrow next to the network both your computer and device are connected to. in winscp you will enter the ip address as the host and for the username and password its root and alpine. i dont remember off hand but you might need to set the protocol to sftp or ssh and set the port to 22 as well. there are also tutorials on this just by googling or searching the forums.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, use winscp, it's awesome, however if u don't need terminal properties (commands on Win is limited anyway) you might aswell use iFunbox, it doesn't use ssh just direct USBconfig

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks Fellows!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

No problemo

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah ifunbox is the way to go install afc2add then ur sorted.Smuj.

I haven't tried ifunbox but iphonebrowser works for me. Could never get winscp working... When I had default passwords it wouldn't work then one day I thunk cydia told me it was unsafe and needed to change the password so I did and changed it to one I know by heart and it is sayin that won't work. I used mobile terminal to try to change it and now it says alpine is not it but niether is what I chose? Anyone know what's up with that or where I can just check it?

Thanks smuj29, but where can I find this stuff? Cydia or the web?

Web. The afc2add is on cydia and with out it you will have very limited directories to look through. First install afc2add in cydia then the other programs are desktop clients found on google.