Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Sales and Refubs.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone Sales and Refubs.
    Are iPhone 3GS sales up at apple? Before you were able to order one and have it shipped within 24 Hours just like anything else in Apple store besides the iPhone 4. Now your looking at 5-7 Business day wait.

iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS - Apple Store (U.S.)

Want a cheaper iPhone 4? AT&T is now offering iPhone 4 refurbished model at $149 for 16GB and $249 for a 32 GB model. You can also purchase an iPhone 3gs 8GB refurbished model for $79. You can also buy them directly from their premier site as well.

iPhone Deals and Packages - Shop - Wireless from AT&T
    Last edited by Bluemoldycheeze88; 2010-09-06 at 08:37 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I had a refurbed 3GS and it was flawless

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, the refurbs you get these days from companies like Apple & Sony are virtually indiscernible from their brand new brothers n sisters. With the warranties they come with they are a very good deal unless you are an impatient person like myself and had to have it opening day.

Aren't refurbs the ones they get from peoples exchanges? They sell them after fixing the problem? Do they extend the warranty?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, they are typically ones that have been returned and thoroughly tested (and repaired if necessary) before being resold. They do come with a warranty, though I am uncertain to the exact details of them anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I don't mind refurbs at all because then at least they already had their issues fixed. Agreed that Apple refurbs are a sought after thing for their products.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Question..I have a 32g 3GS JB'd on AT&T currently..those who have upgraded..was it a good move or did you later regret it? I'm on the fence and need opinions before I upgrade.

Upgraded to what? I4?

To an Iphone 4, yes

It all depends on ur opinion..I paid the full price since I'm with tmobile, but even if I had AT&T, i wouldn't get it with contract. Better for the long run if u pay full price, but it all depends on you. The phone itself is definitely worth the upgrade. Upgrading from 3GS to 4 is a much higher jump than upgrading from 3G to 3GS, so you'll feel the difference.

Only thing is that it most likely won't be jailbreakable until at least a week or 2.

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if Jailbreakme.com worked on a 4 or not yet. I'm so used to having untethered JB (since the first days when we used to take hours to manually do it) I think I would go through withdrawal
    However I can get the upgrade price of 150.00 so I may take the leap if the hardware is as good as you say (keeping in mind the Death Grip of course).

Death grip just depends on ur luck I guess, it hasn't dropped any calls for me.
    Jailbreakme.com works on iPhone 4 if it's 4.0.1 or less (untethered). New iPhone 4's come with 4.1. Rumors are that 4.1 will have a tethered jailbreak but nobody knows for sure.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

cranie (2010-09-16)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Better for the long run if u pay full price, but it all depends on you.
    I disagree with that. If you intend to use the subsidizing carrier rather than unlock and go to another, then you can realize substantial savings over paying the full non-subsidized price.

After all, you would pay the same for the plan whether you take the subsidy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    After all, you would pay the same for the plan whether you take the subsidy or not.
    Wouldn't the plan (monthly bill) be less if u don't have a contract? That's how it is with tmobile so i assumed it was the same.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder how long before the iPhone 4 refurb's drop to $99.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Wouldn't the plan (monthly bill) be less if u don't have a contract? That's how it is with tmobile so i assumed it was the same.
    T-Mobile is the only U.S. carrier that gives you a discount for bringing your own phone.