Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about standby usage

Default Question about standby usage
    I left my phone on standby for 9 hours the other night without using it at all. When I checked it in the morning it had dropped to 91% with 31 minutes usage. I had push disabled and mail set to fetch hourly.

I ran a few more tests leaving the phone on standby for an hour and found for every hour on standby the usage was 4 minutes (even though I hadn't touched it in that time).
    I tried uninstalling a few programmes like sbsettings but it made no difference.

I restored to stock 4.0.1, set up as a new phone and ran the same test again (left the phhone on stanbdy for an hour) this time I found no usage at all. As soon as I ran jailbreakme and installed cydia the phantom usage came back.
    I haven't even installed any packages yet, not even openssh.

Has anyone else noticed this? It seems to be draining my battery quite bad.

Sorry for the essay.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I Havnt noticed, tbh but my i4 isn't jailbroken and I hate going back to looking at my 3G's pixel haven screen (lol). I suppose I will have a test and get back to you my guess is that it may be something to do with cydia or the general jailbreak. If your not on iphone4, restore and jailbreak with redsn0w, see if that makes a difference, if it doesn't, restore again and jailbreak with rs again, but this time uncheck cydia so it won't install, and then see if the phantom usage is still there

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

cheers for the reply. I am on iphone 4 so I won't be able to do that redsnow suggestion.
    How comes your ip4 isnt jb?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad to help and vie only had it bout a week so it came on 4.0.2, rendering jailbreakme useless. I'm waiting for 4.1 and the new redsn0w , I'm gna b so disappointed if there's no verbose boot/custom boot logo option in the new redsn0w

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Maybe having mail fetched manually and disabling data thru SBS will help eliminate the usage count.