Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please don't buy the jibberish jobs sells you

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Please don't buy the jibberish jobs sells you
    Long time iphone user who finally got fed up with jobs, his bs, and lies. I made the switch to android and bout the evo and this phone hands down kills my iphone 4. So many things the evo does that iphone can't. anyways one thing that bothers me is steve jobs constant hype of htlm5! why? of course because he's invested in it and hoping you guys buy his bs lies and weak attempts of bashing anything not made by apple. evo users enjoy FULL FLASH on our phones and our phones run PERFECT!!! Flash DOES NOT slow our phone down, as a matter of fact it's made my phone amazing! mobile browsing is not mobile browsing on android phones. Please don't buy the jibberish jobs keeps spitting at you guys.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Html5 is supposed to be more memory efficient and battery efficient, I don't like my mums htc, androids ok but it's no were near as simple to use and there aren't that many things available to droid that aren't available through jailbreak

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    Html5 is supposed to be more memory efficient and battery efficient, I don't like my mums htc, androids ok but it's no were near as simple to use and there aren't that many things available to droid that aren't available through jailbreak
    simple to use? Iphones are very simple to use because they are controlled by apple and they decide what you can and cant do. With an android phone your phone is yours and you can do what you want with it! if my gf can learn how to use a droid anyone can. If you're the type that needs help crossing the street you might consider something basic to use like iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    funny you mention jailbreak. I can do alot more with my phone STOCK than you can do on your "modded" phone.

I used to think my jailbroken phone was so cool, because all I could do is compare it to what my non JB phone couldnt do. Now i have a droid and i laugh at myself for actually thinking jailbreaking my phone gave me options, when fact is it only gives you options to what you were used to not having. Customize a jailbroken iphone and then customize a stock android and see what you get.

android users dont need to go through all the bs of jailbreaking to do what they want their phones.
    Last edited by 3gs1289; 2010-09-04 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3gs1289 View Post
    simple to use? Iphones are very simple to use because they are controlled by apple and they decide what you can and cant do. With an android phone your phone is yours and you can do what you want with it! if my gf can learn how to use a droid anyone can. If you're the type that needs help crossing the street you might consider something basic to use like iphone.

funny you mention jailbreak. I can do alot more with my phone STOCK than you can do on your "modded" phone.

I used to think my jailbroken phone was so cool, because all I could do is compare it to what my non JB phone couldnt do. Now i have a droid and i laugh at myself for actually thinking jailbreaking my phone gave me options, when fact is it only gives you options to what you were used to not having. Customize a jailbroken iphone and then customize a stock android and see what you get.

android users dont need to go through all the bs of jailbreaking to do what they want their phones.
    What's so great about jailbreaking an android? How is it better? I'm curious.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks so much for sharing. The Android Owners Recovery Group is in that next room down the hall. Please leave our coffee and donuts for our members, thanks.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

alyshehata (2010-09-05), Beloved (2010-09-05), cypherpunk (2010-09-05), Madman604x (2010-09-08)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I couldve sworn this forum is called modmyi not letstalkaboutstockandroids.

Honestly, if the phone isnt your preference then glad youre happy with your android. You dont see anybody else running to android forums saying my iPhone does so much more than your android phone!!!!

Not to be an Apple fan girl or anything, but jailbreak on an iPhone opens up a lot of possibilities that show the potential power of the phone. You probably didnt even bother to utilize the jailbreak features except to unlock or get themes. Thats not even half of it.

Who cares if Apple doesnt incorporate flash? There are devs who are working to fix that. Just like any other thing the iPhone is lacking, there are devs working to fix them. So your android is gonna be nice and feature-packed to entertain you for a few weeks, but my iPhone is STILL entertaining me two years later. My iPhone 4 will be worth more than any android when a few more months pass and they release yet another android.

Next year when the 500th android is out and your current phone is worth $200, my iPhone 4 would still sell for $500. Why? Well, you can answer that.

Im so tired of seeing these threads on how this and that sucks. If it sucks so bad go then enjoy your android phone. This is a place to help people with their IPHONES in which we own cuz we like it. You hate the phone so much then stop coming around here.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Beloved (2010-09-05), Os7.1.0 (2010-09-04), that_girl (2010-09-04)

Thanks

One nice thing to note, which is somewhat along the lines of what Annie said...you never see iPhones of any sort offered free with a contract. But you don't have to look too hard to find a deal with an Android phone that is free with a contract. I'm sure there's something about perceived value there...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Android user = small mans syndrome

first of all i had and android mytouch 3g its not as great as the evo buy they have the same shitty app store that they call the android market. and rooting the phone cross your finger and hope you did it right so you dont brick. and find a compatible rom that works RIGHT with your phone with not alot of bugs and that works with your radio.

i've been there with and mda "windows phone" and the mytouch i still think iphone is better. unless you want to light up the movie theater with your evo when you get a text then go with the evo and see if your battery can last over 45min<<<<<sarcasm

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Wow on Craigslist HTC EVO 4G goes from $170 to $350. Thats funny cuz isnt it a relatively new phone? The 3GS has been out about a year now, the 16GB model is worth $280-$350 and the 32GB from $350-$450.

In a few months my old iPhone 3G will still sell for more than the EVO.

Theres a reason why iPhone values dont drop as quick as androids. And its not due to the brand name either.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I do agree about the Evo having many stock options that the iphone4 doesn't, but the touch functionality goes to the iPhone4 hands down. The Evo's is still a bit touchy and laggy. I like the screen size of the Evo and the removable battery and that is where it ends. Steve Jobs is on to something with HTML5 though. Why continue using outdated technology? Just because he endorses it doesn't make it bad. Flash sucks. It is time for it to end.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

iNT3Rv3NTiONZz (2010-09-04)

Thanks

I like the Evo, and I would actually own one...BUT...I'm not ready to surrender simultaneous voice and data. Can't bring myself to do so.

I understand the CDMA carriers will finally get that one of these days, but I kind of like having it now, and having had it for years.

Android is open source.ok.but how much?does it compare to a broken iPhone.I mean may I get softwares like iFile,openssh,sbsettings,wifi sync etc from some where for an android Phone? and ok flash is a plus over iPhone,but does android browser is as delicious as mobile safari?
    Please answer me quoting specific apps I have mentioned here.I may switch to an android if it can do like a jailbroken iPhone.
    Thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hellodrsoul For This Useful Post:

3gs1289 (2010-09-05)

Hey 3gs1289 if i go to another country can i use gsm simcard on evo4g?!

Thanks

are you idiots really comparing products by the costs??
    Well, we're not the idiot that's come screaming into a forum about Apple products in order to screech about how horrible Apple products are. We're actually quite content with out choices. Why are you not at peace with yours, such that you must come to shriek at us about why your choice is better?

In any case, what you are currently doing is trolling. And I think the current punishment for an angry troll is the BANSTICK!

Thanks

i would guess somewhere along .001% of users go overseas so who cares if you can or cant????? Going overseas has to do with carriers not phones. Now you want to have an att vs verizon, tmobile, sprint debate.
    No, we just want to watch the troll get smacked by the banstick. It's a fun show.

IN REPLY TO 3gs1289.
    Wow man.thanks for writing me such a long and detailed article.not only me but all visitors of this page may benefit from your detailed explanation.
    Why I want to quit iPhone is a multi factorial decision.I have been using iPhone since intro of orig. iPhone.when using a jb iPhone,a new OS from apple does not excite me.cz usually jb apps already give those new functions before a major iOS upgrade.but at the same time a jb is as unstable as a hell.I can't tolerate that spinning wheal of death and apple logo any more.This iOS multitasking is also a kinda fake and is like a screen shot.please welcome me into Android.this is certainly going to relieve me.
    For any one else,please don't take such matters personal.both apple and google earns through this way.we are free to choose any thing suitable for our needs.
    Thanks.

Thanks

No, let's ban the nasty troll who had to bust in like a Prohibition-era cop, screeching at the top of his lungs about how our choices suck and his are quite near divine.

We're not busting into your forums with this. And if any of us are, and then acting in the deplorable manner that you exhibit, I would most certainly hope that they would be shown the door in an expeditious manner as well.

You didn't come here to discuss. You came here to call us idiots.

3GS1289 .. Android BEST .. iPhone SUCKS .. well at least Jobs didn't steal his logo from a 1990's computer game !!!

Answer one dumb question for me .. if you're SO INTO your Android, why does your ID on here start with "3GS" ???

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I suggest we all calm down, I have removed several posts and will close this thread if this bashing continues.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (2010-09-05), Trooper Sam (2010-09-05)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast