Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 problems?

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 problems?
    Hi i just got my iphone 4, unlocked and jailbroken on 4.0.1 and unfortunately it has both reception and proximity sensor issues.

I heard using a bumper would solve the reception issue but it doesnt, using a silicone case and even a leather flap cover on the silicone case but i still get the death grip, what gives?

I heard proximity sensor will be fixed in 4.1 (can any developer confirm this?) What about the death grip will that be fixed in next update? Thanks

Thanks

Oh and what about the problem with 3g network? Is it some sort of bug in ios4? I had to set it up manually (never had to) to get it working, but still feels kinda not as it was before.

Thanks

Oh yeah also forgot, isnt the battery meant to be stronger? Its dropped down to 35 from 100in about 2hrs just browsing the iphone and internet. No games...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds bad, take it back!!

Thanks

try a fresh restore first see if any of the issues are there before jailbreak if any are take it back
    R.

Thanks

If i restore i cant check reception issues coz my i4 is locked so i have to use ultrasn0w and jailbreak, reception lowers sometimes even if i hold it in my palm and dont even touch the antenna.

Can some developer reply to this?
    And i cant take it back, im in malta and i bought it from someone local. Wont be able to find him! Prolly long gone

Thanks

Hmmm UPDATE:

Just tried to death grip it, but i cant get it to no service, lowest it goes to is 1 bar, then goes back up even when my finger is still on this black line. Just keeps playing. Wierd?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

You said that your iPhone is unlocked so I asume you are using Tmobile or another carrier. If that is correct try to go to settings, turn off 3G then go to settings, and do a reset network settings, after restart it should fix your reception problem. If not somethin is wrong with that iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

You know I have conducted my own test with this so-called iPhone 4 antenna issue and according to my test it shows that this is in fact a "non-issue". For all you users that need some reassurance that Apple will never fail you check the article which shows how much of an issue (or lack there of) this actually is at Get Your Gadgets Going!