Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buying an iPhone, could questions?

Default Buying an iPhone, could questions?
    Hey guys, I bought a first gen iPod touch 3 months after they came out. So ive been a touch owner since the beginning.

Anyway, its time to upgrade, so im going to buy a iphone 3gs preferably 16gb, unless I find a good deal on a 32 gb

Any, what is the latest update that will still allow you to jailbreak and unlock, with out having to downgrade?

Also, I have jailbroken my ipod touch a lot, but I have never unlocked a phone, is it hard?

One last thing, im looking to spend no more than 285 bucks on one, how do you tell if you are getting a legit deal, not a fake.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

First, 4.0.1 is the highest firmware that currently has a jailbreak and unlock.

Unlocking is no big thing, just install ultrasn0w from Cydia.

As to who you can trust? I can't answer that. But don't buy a pig in a poke. Make sure you can see the device before you pay. If things seem hinky, get out.

And since you're willing to pay $285, why not go a bit more and get an iPhone 4? Unless you're still under contract with a carrier and can't do that right now.
    Last edited by Trooper Sam; 2010-09-04 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks for the help, apreciate it.

As far as the iPhone 4, how much do they cost? Because I have tmobile, so I can't get them through AT&T

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

For $285 you wont get anything more than a 16 GB 3GS. If it's been updated to 4.0.2 then you can't jailbreak or unlock it since apple doesn't let you downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    For $285 you wont get anything more than a 16 GB 3GS. If it's been updated to 4.0.2 then you can't jailbreak or unlock it since apple doesn't let you downgrade.
    yea, thats what i figured, but if the 3gs was originally bought and it was 3.1 or something, then the user upgraded it to 4.0.2, can it then be downgraded?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Nit without shsh files, which the user wouldn't have unless he jailbroke, even then it's not definate, as slot of people wouldn't bother. It's defiantly
    Worth saving for a 4 tho, they are ALOT better

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

A brand new iPhone 4 in the US with AT&T is $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, with a contract.

AND, I can't read. You're with T-mobile, and I'll assume you're under contract.