Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Conspiracy theory

Default Conspiracy theory
    Ok, so my 3g was slow, stuttered frames on Angry Birds. Then I got a 3gS, was fine for a week or so, and started the same stuttering. Then I get an iPhone4 and guess what? It's stuttering frames on that game now, too. All were never restored from a backup. I haven't put anything on the phone either. I think Apple is putting a timer on that degrades clock speed or performance over time! I really just don't get it.

uh its definitely something on your side, it has to be some type of corrupt data or something, my old 2g collecting dust still works flawlessly.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

Nanamkin (2010-09-02)

No data has been put on the phone to corrupt. And if 1 bit is missing from something binary, everything goes haywire (crash), not slow performance.

So all three were just a blank phone, with only angry birds installed from the app store?

Come on now, if your the only person having these issues, you really think its a conspiracy theory?

The fact that all three of your phones, had the same issue, makes me believe its not the phone.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

Nanamkin (2010-09-02)

It doesn't matter what is installed, only what is running, and nothing is running but that program...on all 3 phones. The 2 older phones were jailbroken and had only sbsettings, activator, and openssh. The 3g I can understand being on ios4. The 3g did fine at first, and then slowed down. The iPhone 4 stuttering frames...well there is no excuse. The program hasn't even been updated yet for 960x640, so it should take 1/4 resolution at stride. Load times on stuff are fine. I just noticed this game starting to skip frames, which is GPU. A GPU is not affected by the file system. Stuff gets loaded into memory, and the CPU, RAM, and GPU all share things on a faster bus than the SSD inside communicates with.

When u got ur new iPhones, u restored from backup so the corrupt files from the game transferred over. Restore as new phone and do a fresh install of the app. The game works fine on all my idevices so there's no other explanation.

Re download the ipw and see if you get the same results. Sounds to me that maybe it could be angry bird that might also have a problem. Reason I say this is that you stated that you only installed angry bird. Try re downloading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    When u got ur new iPhones, u restored from backup so the corrupt files from the game transferred over. Restore as new phone and do a fresh install of the app. The game works fine on all my idevices so there's no other explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    Ok, so my 3g was slow, stuttered frames on Angry Birds. Then I got a 3gS, was fine for a week or so, and started the same stuttering. Then I get an iPhone4 and guess what? It's stuttering frames on that game now, too. All were never restored from a backup. I haven't put anything on the phone either. I think Apple is putting a timer on that degrades clock speed or performance over time! I really just don't get it.
    Read the FIRST POST

It probably is just Angry Birds. It did just get updated. I hope it doesn't get worse if they ever decide to go 4x with the resolution. It seems to only be on the intro that it skips. Gameplay is fine on this phone. The other 2 older phones just could not deal with the game very well at all.

It doesn't matter what is installed, only what is running, and nothing is running but that program...on all 3 phones. The 2 older phones were jailbroken and had only sbsettings, activator, and openssh. The 3g I can understand being on ios4. The 3g did fine at first, and then slowed down. The iPhone 4 stuttering frames...well there is no excuse. The program hasn't even been updated yet for 960x640, so it should take 1/4 resolution at stride. Load times on stuff are fine. I just noticed this game starting to skip frames, which is GPU. A GPU is not affected by the file system. Stuff gets loaded into memory, and the CPU, RAM, and GPU all share things on a faster bus than the SSD inside communicates with.
    A corrupt filesystem has everything to do with it, which is what is installed, it doesn't have to be running, to have messed something up, especially jailbroken apps, like openssh for example.

GPU isn't THE ONLY thing responsible for gaming, if your corrupt filesystem is loaded in memory (which it is), and you try to play a game, your corrupt filesystem will slow things down, not saying its corrupt, but saying the filesystem has nothing to do with it, or has nothing to do with whats installed, is just plain silly

Your the one who thinks apple is out to getcha. I'm just letting you know apple has bigger fish to fry, then to mess with your life / angry birds. All the people who still love their 2g's can vouch for that.

And ever stop to think, maybe its the angry birds developers out to getcha? maybe its your landlord who are altering your power from the higher gods? maybe its your isp corrupting your apps when you download them? Maybe the app fairy comes into your room and messes with your phone when your asleep?

Corrupt things crash, not cause frame skipping. Ever watch digital TV and have the stream get messed up for a few seconds? That is the result of 1 bit being off. It corrects itself after a while because of built-in error correction, but what you are seeing is incoherent. With a program (code) that would be a crash, and not just simply skip a frame. The phone is a week old and nothing is corrupt.

Corrupt things crash, not cause frame skipping. Ever watch digital TV and have the stream get messed up for a few seconds? That is the result of 1 bit being off. It corrects itself after a while because of built-in error correction, but what you are seeing is incoherent. With a program (code) that would be a crash, and not just simply skip a frame. The phone is a week old and nothing is corrupt.
    a corrupt thing doesn't have to crash...

Ever heard of a memory leak?

Just two weeks ago, ultrasn0w worked perfectly fine, but was causing serious battery drain, it wasn't crashing anything, but the code wasn't perfect. It probably was slowing things down for some users.

Built-in error correction? wtf world do you live in? jailbroken apps don't have "built-in error correction"

Once your jailbroken, you can kiss away perfect code, and "built-in error correction", Even normal apps conflict each other...

Are you some kind of flea market computer tech? you seem like you know what your talking about, but don't understand the simplest things. Certain apps conflict each other, certain apps have bugs. A bug doesn't have to be, it works 100%, or it doesn't work at all. This isn't a digital broadcast. Yet you think apple has some sort of built in clock that will degrade clock speed over time? even a brand new iPhone 4, 2 months after its release? lol what episode of star trek are you stuck in?

Like i said, A/ your the only person having this issue, and B/ its happened to all 3 of your phones. I know you don't want to hear it, but it has something to do with YOU or something you've installed. (it might even be from the computer your syncing with)
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-09-01 at 11:05 PM.

Read the FIRST POST

It probably is just Angry Birds. It did just get updated. I hope it doesn't get worse if they ever decide to go 4x with the resolution. It seems to only be on the intro that it skips. Gameplay is fine on this phone. The other 2 older phones just could not deal with the game very well at all.
    READ MY POST =)

I said I've never had a problem with angry birds on my 3GS, itouch, and iPhone and I don't know anyone who's had this problem. I've used every version of angry birds since 08. Are u using the free version? Maybe that's the reason..

Wow, so many people not reading what I am typing, just skimming through the post. Digital TV streams have a layer of error correction built in, so that when a bit goes missed, and you see those crazy artifacts, it will resync get back to normal a few seconds. I NEVER said apps have built-in error correction. A memory leak is not corrupt data or corrupt code. It is BAD programming...a bug. If you have a program, and something goes off my 1 bit on its way to memory, then you will have a crash. That is not a memory leak. Go away you ****** if you have nothing nice to say. You can't take a joke and you think that I actually think Apple is out to get me? They are out for money, and all I'm saying is it wouldn't surprise me if they ever snuck in some code to make people's devices slower so they will upgrade. It's exactly what they did by disabling multitasking and the wallpaper thing for the 3g...

Oh, and there certainly IS error correction when getting an app onto the phone. It doesn't just download it and assume that it downloaded bit-for-bit perfect so it installs. No, things get checked, checksum, CRC, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    READ MY POST =)

I said I've never had a problem with angry birds on my 3GS, itouch, and iPhone and I don't know anyone who's had this problem. I've used every version of angry birds since 08. Are u using the free version? Maybe that's the reason..
    No I paid for it. It was working fine up until this last release the other day, and then it started skipping frames on the intro ONLY.
    Last edited by ramicio; 2010-09-01 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow, so many people not reading what I am typing, just skimming through the post. Digital TV streams have a layer of error correction built in, so that when a bit goes missed, and you see those crazy artifacts, it will resync get back to normal a few seconds. I NEVER said apps have built-in error correction. A memory leak is not corrupt data or corrupt code. It is BAD programming...a bug. If you have a program, and something goes off my 1 bit on its way to memory, then you will have a crash. That is not a memory leak. Go away you ****** if you have nothing nice to say. You can't take a joke and you think that I actually think Apple is out to get me? They are out for money, and all I'm saying is it wouldn't surprise me if they ever snuck in some code to make people's devices slower so they will upgrade. It's exactly what they did by disabling multitasking and the wallpaper thing for the 3g...

Oh, and there certainly IS error correction when getting an app onto the phone. It doesn't just download it and assume that it downloaded bit-for-bit perfect so it installs. No, things get checked, checksum, CRC, or whatever.

No I paid for it. It was working fine up until this last release the other day, and then it started skipping frames on the intro ONLY.
    LOL, okay okay in my head i was putting bad programing and corrupt data in the same category, but have you never had one app not work properly because of another app? For example I was having problems getting jailbreakme to work with a 3gs that had skype installed. Or all those problems before when having rock installed with certain apps from cydia.

I appoligize if i hurt your feelings, but all I was getting at is, there are millions of people whose iPhone's still work perfectly, like i said my 2g running 3.1.3 works just fine, and that device is from 07.

If there were ANY code in the firmware to make the phone run slower in the future, or a timer to reduce clock speed, it would effect EVERY SINGLE iphone on the planet, not just people who can afford to buy new iPhones.

Secondly, if your BRAND NEW iPhone 4, thats only been out for 2 months is experiencing the same issues, its 110% cannot be apple slowing down your clock speed, what are you going to do, get another iPhone 4? your theory doesn't hold validity.

And again, I know this is to advanced for you to understand, but if its not happening to ANYONE ELSE, yet its happened on ALL THREE of your devices, IT MUST be something on your side.

And you see the way apple did multitasking, theres no way a 3g would have been able to handle it and still run properly, spotlight itself made the 3g run like a pig.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-09-01 at 11:26 PM.

Well, the 2g is just a rock, and seems to outperform the 3g. I can just blame the slowness on the 3g. The 3g happened over time and one install of winterboard killed the phone's performance, even after uninstall. But this phone is unjailbroken. I think it is just bad programming in the opening scene. There are tons of birds and stuff flying around it is bound to slow down a bit.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread is full of win...lol
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Yes its a conspiracy on you. Tin foil hatz pl0x.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

i say its cracked apps cuz i used to have a angry birds and it was cracked and then i went and bought it in the app store and worked flawlessly except for it being choppy for a few seconds when it starts

i have angry birds on my 3g that i got on day 1, and its running perfectly fine right now... runs fine on my 3gs obviously aswell... its something you have done

It's getting worse and worse, and every other game or application is running smoothly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast