Results 1 to 2 of 2

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Can iPhone use pc's wifi for voice calling?

  1. #1
    Default Can iPhone use pc's wifi for voice calling?
    Hi, I'm in the U.S. which means for now I am at AT&T's mercy with my iPhone 3. Unfortunately I live in an AT&T dead zone. They say on TV that they cover 97% of the U.S., but it seems the remaining 3% covers most of the country. Anyway, I know AT&T offers a network extender that pretty much works as a mini cell tower in your house. Problem is that it costs $50 (after the rebate) and an additional $20 per month on my bill. I'm already paying way too much to AT&T and friendly emails and phone calls to AT&T to offer it for free have had zero success. So here is my question: Is there an app of some kind of software that when the iPhone is connected to my PC (running Windows 7 Ultimate) via USB, it could use my computer's internet connection to make and receive calls through? Something like MagicJack (costs $40 plus $19.95 a year with the first year free) but then using my iPhone's (cellular) number? MagicJack looks like a great option, but I don't really want a third number besides my home phone and cellphone...
    Thanks in advance!
    Ron

  2. #2
    Moved. You'll get better support if your thread isnt in the news forum...

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •