Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Is it worth it?
    First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm not too sure of where to post this.

Well, a friend of mine is selling her iPhone 3g, for $85. It has 3 key issues, though.

The right edge of the screen is unresponsive to touch,
    The lock button doesn't work,
    and the vibrate doesn't work.

Everything else is totally fine, the back is scratchless, she's had a sticker on the back. She won't budge from $85, but I feel it's too much for a phone like that.

Thanks

U can get the case replace for another 80 and pay a total of 165 ... I sold my 1 year old mint condition that I kept in an otterbox case for 200 when I got my i4 ... Ur better off trying to find a 3GS somewhere ... Better yet why not upgrade on AT&T and get it new for 100?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I dont think its worth it. Youd have to spend extra money to replace the digitizer and lock button. Vibrate isnt a huge issue for most people. Not having part of the screen working is probably in the long run gonna cause you irritation and not being able to do some things. If you ever get into a problem where your comp or itunes wont recognize the phone, youll need the lock button to put into dfu to get them to recognize the phone to restore.

Plus with the extra money to fix the phone, you could get a functional 3G for $200 which woul probably be how much you end up spending to replace the parts anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't do it!

Okay. Thanks guys.