Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What to do if somebody steal your iPhone

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What to do if somebody steal your iPhone
    Here are some tips in case you lose your iPhone or somebody steal it...

Change your passwords for those apps that had it saved on your iPhone like:
    email
    eBay
    app store

Thats the first thing you want to do, somebody can have access to your private information on your email, buy a bunch of apps from app store charging them to your credit card or PayPal account.

Change your password on facebook...
    Some apps from Cydia so you can buy them need to verify your account thru facebook so you can make a payment for them and verify if you bought that app before. If you dont reset that password the person can buy apps from Cydia under your account.

Once you jailbreak your iPhone the first thing you want to do is install an app specially to track your iPhone in case that somebody steal it. Personally I think they are useless if the person that stole your iPhone knows how they work and all of them can be blocked in some way, trust me.

Buy an insurance for your iPhone, there is one insurance company on the internet that you pay $15.00 and they replace your iPhone if it is stolen or broken, there are some cheaper than that, but you will have to notify the police once if it stolen and provide them some legal documents as prove.

Install Lockdown Pro, with this app you can block some apps with passwords, I recommend to block your mail, notes, app store, Cydia, Rock, facebook, skype, netflix, maybe messages and even Phone so if somebody steal it from you he can not have access to your personal things and make calls without the password. Now you got time to maybe cancel your account or lock it before he can make one call.

Another thing you can do is lock your settings too with lockdown, some apps that you can use to track your iPhone can be blocked if the person put your iPhone on airplane mode and turn the wifi off until he decide to restore your iPhone. In that way he can not block that service because settings are locked by Lock Down Pro and maybe you can have time to track it before he restore.

If you got more recommendations or comments feel free to post them here...
    Last edited by javiert30; 2010-08-29 at 05:36 AM.

i saw this helpful suggestion in another thread.

grab family map if you are locked to ATT and see if you can track it.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kgf88 View Post
    i saw this helpful suggestion in another thread.

grab family map if you are locked to ATT and see if you can track it.
    If you are LOCKED, you are right...

Banned
    Thanks

What happens if they turn off the phone straight away then put it in DFU mode then does a fresh restore?
    All this is totally useless.
    I'd just have it easily to use and if someone steals it that's your bad luck for letting it out of your site long enough for it to be stolen in the first place.