Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What cables can I get to output my iPhone 4 onto a TV?

Default What cables can I get to output my iPhone 4 onto a TV?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not even $5...buy it, try it, return it or keep it.

Any feedback? Did you get it and did it work? I'm curious if it'd work with the iPad as well.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

all AV output wires have an ID chip in them. every time your firmware is upgraded your cables become garbage. Even some OEM cables suffered from this. I made a video on how to bypass this issue on youtube, but it'll only work on FW's up to 3.1.3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3plJUygdFM]YouTube - 3rd party iPhone 3G 3GS AV composite cable hack for 3.1.3 firmware or lower FIX[/ame]

you could also buy Resupported in the Cydia store and that'll work too. again. updates are NOT free.

EDITED: for clarity
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2010-12-20 at 06:16 PM.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Unfortunately I'm on 4.1.2. Thx for the info.

[QUOTE=Madman604x;5662719]all wires have an ID chip in them. every time your firmware is upgraded your cables become garbage.

Eh??? My mates got a 3G that's been upgraded and downgraded through just about every FW available, and is still using the original cable that came with the phone...

Learn summat new every day!

Thanks

Eh??? My mates got a 3G that's been upgraded and downgraded through just about every FW available, and is still using the original cable that came with the phone...

Learn summat new every day!
    your friends iphone CAME with an AV output cable??? they are $50 at the Apple store for originals.

you must mean the sync cable.

Yes the sync cable do they not have a chip then? How come the av cables do? Is that another apple ploy to get you to buy theirs?
    Forgive my ignorance it's not something I've come across before.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty42 View Post
    Any feedback? Did you get it and did it work? I'm curious if it'd work with the iPad as well.
    Sorry, never bought them, just thought it was a nice idea because of Netflix just coming out when I posted the topic first, lol, but looking at the poster after you, I don't think I want to buy cheap cables that won't work later, or even especially wasting $50 on Apple's cables to have them not work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz229 View Post
    Yes the sync cable do they not have a chip then? How come the av cables do? Is that another apple ploy to get you to buy theirs?
    Forgive my ignorance it's not something I've come across before.
    you got it. "BUY OUR CABLES!" pretty much all sync cables are ok tho.

its the video out cables that are like this. $45 profit per cable is pretty big.

that said, i bought OEM cables on eBay for about $30 for my IP4. I refuse to keep paying that Resupported guy for updates. My 3GS is still running the china made cables with the hack.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2010-12-20 at 10:50 PM.

Picked up the VGA converter at best buy for $30, let ya know.

It was a little buggy, nothing was showing at first and the tv went blank when I rotated the iPad, but after a short while it was working just fine.
    Last edited by Crafty42; 2010-12-21 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost