Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ios3.1.3 cannot save shsh through tinyumbrella

Default ios3.1.3 cannot save shsh through tinyumbrella
    Dear all,

I tried to save my .shsh using tinyumbrella software but it stated that CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Why is this so?

My phone is:
    Version: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Modem Firmware: 05.12.01

Please advise. Thank you very much.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Cuz Apple stopped signing it quite a long time ago. You cant save them once you miss that window and Apple quits signing that firmware.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, sorry about that. 3.1.3 is no longer being signed, and hasn't been for...months? I'm not sure when they stopped, but you can't get blobs for it, for 4.0, 4.0.1 at all anymore.

Now that you know the importance of them, just be sure to save the ones you can as soon as you can from now on.

thank you all for the replies.

Does that mean even if my phone is in iOS3.1.3, i also cannot save my .shsh?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

That's exactly what it means. The firmware on your device has no bearing on what blobs you can save, only what Apple is signing determines that.

ok.. thank you very much.. =)

The first current Apple firmware that you JB will be the first one you cab save SHSH's for. I JB'd for the first time on 3.1.3 when that was still the current firmware, so I have 3.1.3, 4.0, and 4.0.1 blobs saved in Cydia.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    The first current Apple firmware that you JB will be the first one you cab save SHSH's for. I JB'd for the first time on 3.1.3 when that was still the current firmware, so I have 3.1.3, 4.0, and 4.0.1 blobs saved in Cydia.
    Thats an incorrect assessment. You can get an old 3.1.3 phone right now, today lets say, and jb it on 3.1.3. That doesnt mean you have the SHSH for it. SHSHs also dont mean you can only save the ones on which youve been on. If you were on 3.1.3 and Apple was still signing 4.0.1, you could save 4.0.1 without upgrading to it.

SHSHs are saved by you manually when you choose to when they are available. If Apple stops signing a firmware, you cant get it anymore regardless of what firmware youre currently on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Thats an incorrect assessment. You can get an old 3.1.3 phone right now, today lets say, and jb it on 3.1.3. That doesnt mean you have the SHSH for it. SHSHs also dont mean you can only save the ones on which youve been on. If you were on 3.1.3 and Apple was still signing 4.0.1, you could save 4.0.1 without upgrading to it.

SHSHs are saved by you manually when you choose to when they are available. If Apple stops signing a firmware, you cant get it anymore regardless of what firmware youre currently on.
    uh I said pretty much the same thing you said. I didn't say you couldn't JB an older firmware. I said you can't save your SHSH blobs for older firmware, because Apple isn't signing it anymore.

You can only save SHSH's for current firmware. So you can save it through tinyumbrella if you're not JB, through Cydia if you are JB'd.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I apogize for misreading the second part of your post. However, it was just misleading when you said "the first firmware you jailbreak is the one you can save SHSHs for". I get where youre coming from now after reading it carefully.

ic.. thank you all... now i can only hope that apple will release a better OS...