Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hide clock on iPod lock screen controls? [Screens]

Question Hide clock on iPod lock screen controls? [Screens]
    SOLVED, SOLUTION BELOW

Search didn't turn up anything...

I'm using the new Lockinfo with the weather plugin that has it's own clock/date header. I've hidden the normal clock/date banner with the Lockinfo settings so it's not taking up redundant screen estate, but when I double-tap home button to bring up iPod controls during the lock screen, it has that gigantic clock again above them.

Is there any way to remove that?

It's a small thing but I have it set up so awesome besides that and it's so close to perfect. This is an awesome forum and you guys are awesome. Thanks in advance!

iPhone 3G 16GB, iOS 4.0.1 redsn0w + ultrasn0w.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0015.png   -img_0016.png   -img_0017.png  
    Last edited by keydemographic; 2011-03-11 at 11:04 PM. Reason: SOLVED, SOLUTION

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm looking for this as well, did you ever find a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat_Kingdom View Post
    I'm looking for this as well, did you ever find a solution?
    Yes. I'm using iOS 4.2.1 JB with Redsn0w, and the latest LockInfo/Lock Weather although I solved it shortly after posting this. It is a compromised solution to my original problem that I actually like much more. It's all in the settings:

1) Settings.app-- Lockinfo>Lockscreen>Layout: Hide Lock Clock (obvious, hides original clock since you have the one from Lock Weather now).

2) Settings.app-- Lockinfo>Lockscreen: Hide Charging Battery: OFF (optional).

3) Settings.app-- Lockinfo>Lockscreen: Media Controls: Hide Info (completely hides lockscreen lockinfo, BUT displays the normal iPhone's clock+media controls bar, and you get to see the neat album art of whatever is playing on the iPod.app.

So technically it was a compromise because originally I was thinking I wanted Lockinfo to always be displayed even when changing tracks without unlocking, which now I actually don't. I want to see the art. Besides, when something is playing and I take it out of sleep, it still displays the art behind all the Lockinfo page. When I want to go directly to media controls from sleep-- triple-press home, then if I need to check Lockinfo immediately after checking a track, double-tap home button and let it sleep normally (I have an extended lockscreen sleep delay tweak installed).

That should do it as I have Homescreen lockinfo and InfoShade completely disabled but reply back if that doesn't do it for you, and I will root around for any other settings that I might have missed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to keydemographic For This Useful Post:

Kat_Kingdom (2011-03-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks for replying, but I don't use LockInfo.
    I wanted to take off the clock in the iPod controls because it didn't look good with my SnowCover theme.
    do you know of what string I could edit to make it go away?

negative, but good luck.