Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alternate to iTunes?

Default Alternate to iTunes?
    Before anyone tells me I have to use the search feature, I have. I am looking for an alternate to iTunes which lets me simply click and drag the songs i want without any syncing ********. I have the iphone 4 with ios 4.0.1.

When i say i used search i mean i have already looked up other alternatives but many of them arent actively being developed and dont support iphone 4 yet. Are there any which do?

I dont like the way itunes handles music. I come from a blackberry where id put my song anywhere on my SD card and it was available to be played on my phone. I dont like to sync because i dont listen or want all of my music on my phone.

Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

you can check/uncheck the songs you don't want syncing. other alternative is to place (DRAG and DROP) all the songs you DO want into a playlist. and just sync the playlists.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^No good choices exist. A few half-baked limited feature choices exist (Google) but none that implement the full capabilities of iTunes ... nor the options most other smart-phone users have. In short -- you're stuck. Live with iTunes and be happy or change phones.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-08-25 at 10:08 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

pwntunes gives you the music aspect that you asked for above.

MediaMonkey is a nice alternate for putting songs on your iPhone,works perfect with i4.
    MediaMonkey Download

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I use iTunes Folder Watch. It monitors a folder I select on my computer. If I add songs to the folder it adds them to iTunes. If I remove songs from the folder it removes them from iTunes. It also works with podcasts, ipas, movies etc. Not exactly an alternate, but a much needed add-on.