Hi to all,

I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB with iOS 4.0 jailbroken with sn0wbreeze 1.7

Five to six days ago my phone, almost fully charged, shutdown (no reboot) unexpectedly. It did that 2-3 times and when I powered it on it usually stacked while booting (showing apple’s logo) , although 1-2 times booted normally.

Finally, about two days back it did it again…Although charged it went to black screen and I didn’t manage to make it boot again since then (I tried to charged it and left it for a day charging, but still on the black screen). Furthermore, when I connect it to the PC (Win 7 32bit) the PC does not recognize it and iTunes too. It is like it is not connected at all. I tried with another cable and on another PC and it behaves the same (so it is not a cable thing)

Today I managed to make it go to DFU mode(black screen) with iTunes 9.2.1.5 open (I can’t make it go to recovery mode with all the ways I knew like manually using Recboot etc). On DFU mode iTunes sees the phone in “recovery mode” and prompts me to make a restore. Unfortunately, I get an error message "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1601)." during the “Preparing iPhone for restore…” process. I tried to restore the latest version (4.0.2) and also 4.0.1 and 4.0, since I have the shshs files on cydia (with a correct hosts file)

I tried several tips on bypassing the 1601 error like reinstalling iTunes, trying on a different PC etc

Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks in advance,