Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS lag

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default SMS lag
    I've been having weird issues with my SMS app lately. Not sure what I could have updated. I've tried removing recent installs, to no avail. Here's the issue:

When I open my SMS app to show all my messages it displays messages from several days ago then quickly updates it to the current messages. It happens very quickly, like within a second of launching the app. This happens every time I open the app to all messages. Not when I'm already in a conversation. It displays the conversation with that individual just fine. It's a weird phenomenon and I just started noticing it yesterday.

Also when I'm in a conversation with someone and am typing a message, if that same person sends me a message, it won't display in the window. It shows there's a message and I have to jump out of the conversation into the message queue and then it updates the conversation when I jump back in. I am inclined to think maybe iblacklist is the culprit, or perhaps intelliscreen, as these have given me many headaches in the past, and they both had updates over the weekend.

I'm on a 3GS, 4.0.1, anyone else have this issue? I've also noticed that my apps seem to be crashing a little more frequently than normal, as well as my phone just locking up. Today I've had to reboot my phone at least 4 times. It's very frustrating!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
    Also when I'm in a conversation with someone and am typing a message, if that same person sends me a message, it won't display in the window. It shows there's a message and I have to jump out of the conversation into the message queue and then it updates the conversation when I jump back in. I am inclined to think maybe iblacklist is the culprit, or perhaps intelliscreen, as these have given me many headaches in the past, and they both had updates over the weekend.
    I'm also experiencing this same problem and it sucks. I'm going to remove iBlacklist and see if this was the cause.

EDIT: I removed iBlacklist and it's working normal again.
    Last edited by GranDaddyPurp; 2010-08-25 at 03:08 AM.
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nooooooo!! Don't tell me that LOL I need iblacklist! Grrrrr