Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to connect to airport/hotel Wifi: Safari won't load login page.

Default Unable to connect to airport/hotel Wifi: Safari won't load login page.
    So, here I am at the airport and can't for the life of me get my iphone 4 to connect to any of the wifi spots available. I can physically get a connection, get an IP, DNS, and all that jazz, it just wont take me to the authentication page. I have tried on Boingo, Starbucks, and within the American Airlines lounge...no luck. To top it off, my Ipod Touch (which I happen to have with me) works just fine. It'l being up the login/authentication page as soon as I select the network to join.

I have tried everything I know how...reset network settings, forget network, reboot, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You probably have done this already but I had the same issue and went into safari in settings cleared history cache and cookies then it worked..
    R.

I have the same problem.
    I can connect to home router but no go at Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by g0sbv View Post
    You probably have done this already but I had the same issue and went into safari in settings cleared history cache and cookies then it worked..
    R.
    this actually works, happened to me a while back
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Tried the clear cache/history/settings, still doesn't work

I did notice that different models of ipod touch and iPhone pick up different amounts of signals, for example my first gen touch picks up signals ky 3rd gen can only dream of

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Try turning off Auto fill in Safari Settings. This happened to work for me at where I work cause I was having a similar problem
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.