Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YouTube problem after winterboard theme installation

Default YouTube problem after winterboard theme installation
    Hello there, I have been viewing this site for a while now, gaining various tips etc and have now registered to gain some advice on a problem I am currently facing.

I have done a search through the site to see if it has already been answered but couldn't find anything. Apologies if this is being posted in the wrong section too.

So I jailbroke my phone the other day using jailbreakme and everything is working fine. I have installed winterboard and am using the BlakMac theme (and have various other themes installed also). However, when I am using YouTube on any of the themes, I have audio but no video? It is also locked in portrait mode.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks for reading. I look forward to reading your responses.

JF.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You dont have portrait lock on right? If not what happens if you disable that theme? Does it work properly if you do?

I have disabled the theme but the same problem occurs. I have checked and the lock is not on.

I'm starting to think this issue may have occurred as a result of jailbreaking and not necessarily because of winterboard.

YouTube also crashes after a short period of time when a video is played.

Edit: the same problem occurs when I play a video through 'quicktime' within safari...

Apologies for the double post but it has now randomly sorted itself out! No idea how but I'm happy nonetheless

Thanks for the response btw
    Last edited by jamesf_89; 2010-08-19 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

No problem, glad it is working for you.