Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to transfer irealsms and iblacklist from 3gs to i4

Thanks

Default how to transfer irealsms and iblacklist from 3gs to i4
    I made the dumb mistake of buying irealsms 3.0 and iblacklist for my jailbroken 3gs a week before I upgraded to my i4, now I cant use the same keys I had for the programs from my 3gs, I emailed the devs but I havent gotten any answers. i dont want to pay twice for the same apps since they are like 12 each, any idea on how to transfer my purchases? thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

i emailed the devs on iblacklist and asked the same thing, heres what they said:

Hello

The key is registered to phone serial number (hardware) If is the same iphone (hardware) the serial number is the same and the activation key works but you have a new iphone the old key will don’t work because is a different serial (hardware) and you need buy a new key

There´s no license transfer program for new devices, iBlacklist was totally rebuilt for IOS4 firmwares and also to work on iphone 4.

We don´t charge for software updates on registered devices, but we also do not transfer licenses to new devices.

Thanks to the comprehension

iBlackList Team
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

This is something i was worried about too. Cant they make it in a way that apt backup would recognize purchased apps? I know that it works by saving somethin in ur itunes backup but cant it save a code somewhere on a cydia server? Just a thought.

Thanks

so i just have to spend a whole new 24 bucks? damn! lmao

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i know, it sucks.....
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

that's odd. Bitesms and 3g Unrestrictor don't have this issue at all. They transfer based on phone number.

Did you use cydia or the garbage rock?
    If the devs won't transfer it I'd find a way around it.

Thanks

I used cydia ... how does bitesms compare to irealsms? also Im on the my3g 10 day trial right now, hows 3g unrestrictor compared to that one? yeah im trying to figure out a way to trasnfer them without having to pay for them again, i barely had them for a week ... then again .. you live and yuo learn lol

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    i emailed the devs on iblacklist and asked the same thing, heres what they said:

Hello

The key is registered to phone serial number (hardware) If is the same iphone (hardware) the serial number is the same and the activation key works but you have a new iphone the old key will don’t work because is a different serial (hardware) and you need buy a new key

There´s no license transfer program for new devices, iBlacklist was totally rebuilt for IOS4 firmwares and also to work on iphone 4.

We don´t charge for software updates on registered devices, but we also do not transfer licenses to new devices.

Thanks to the comprehension

iBlackList Team

Yep, I bought 3 licenses already since 2007 for my iphone 2G, 3G and i4, it was $8 in the beginning now it is $12 but it deserves the price for me. Great app

Quote Originally Posted by olddirty625 View Post
    I used cydia ... how does bitesms compare to irealsms? also Im on the my3g 10 day trial right now, hows 3g unrestrictor compared to that one? yeah im trying to figure out a way to trasnfer them without having to pay for them again, i barely had them for a week ... then again .. you live and yuo learn lol
    I haven't used irealSMS but I love bitesms. It has quick reply and such and allows forwarding. Basically everything you need in an SMS app and the license transfers by phone number. I bought it when I had the 3g and still haven't payed extra.

3g unrestrictor I like better than my3g to be honest. I tried my3g and some things seemed off. 3g unrestrictor has no issues I've seen, it has a SBSettings toggle to turn on/off works with youtube and facetime and app store and was the original tool. My3g came out After 3g unrestrictor (although my3g released a facetime compatible version first).

Also transfers easily in cydia.

Best part of both, no rock needed.