Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Add Winterboard

Default Can't Add Winterboard
    Hey guys I can't add winterboard. I'm getting this error.

I don't know if I have to add Mobile Substrate first or something, but I can't install winterboard.

Anyone know what I can do?

install mobile substrate
    Then it'll probably reboot or respring.
    Then try installing winterboard.

But I can't find mobile substrate even if i search for it. Do you know what source its in?

I have the same problem. I updated to 4.0.2 firmware and jailbroke using redsn0w and everything seemed perfect. Now I can't find mobile substrate, and cydia is acting a little weird. Is it possible to just jailbreak over a current jailbreak and see if that just replaces everything?

install SBSettings I think it comes with mobile substrate

I think theres just something really wrong with cydia on my phone. Because SBSettings isn't even there if I search it. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a ton of sources even though I installed All Sources. Is there just a way to jailbreak again?

you installed the all sources package? yuck. That can't help cydia. That's a lot for cydia to sift through (or any other program)
    I stay away from that.
    SBSettings is s big boss source. It comes with cydia.

you can download mobilesubstrate deb file and put it in some directory and reboot and it'll be installed.

to reinstall cydia.... I think there is a deb file you can reinstall cydia using that and terminal (or the reboot method) Can't promise it'll work good though.

Thanks

Check the changes section in cydia and see if there's anything there it wants you to update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Download "all sources" from cydia and that should give you more files. 

Yeah I know it should give me more files haha. And I did the necessary updates. I just have a feeling something went wrong in the jailbreak maybe. I've even noticed that some thumbnails are replaced with black boxes in my photo gallery. I just want to know if i can jailbreak over my current jailbreak. Because that way everything would run smoothly again.

Thanks

Jailbreaking over the existing jailbreak could cause problems. You'd be best off restoring and rejailbreaking.