Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to jailbreak a new iPhone 4, which serial number week do I need to get 4.0.1

Default Need to jailbreak a new iPhone 4, which serial number week do I need to get 4.0.1
    I have a 3GS on T-Mobile that is beautifully jailbroken and unlocked on 4.0 (don't care about stupid antenna bars and have a PDF patch anyways).

I'm going to trade it with my dad who has a 3G and is eligible for an AT&T upgrade. He ordered a 16GB iPhone 4 and then offered to trade me for my 3GS (yep, sweet deal). But I couldn't live with myself if I only had a 16GB, that he still hasn't opened yet, got it in the mail last week.

If I go trade this at an AT&T store today, what are the chances I'm going to get one with 4.0.2? Because, I don't think there's a way to jailbreak that without SHSHs which I obviously won't have, right?

So does anyone know how to use the new serial numbers, and which week I need to avoid in the serial? I remember seeing a post about that on MacRumors or here that was requested to be removed by Apple... so anyone have that, and an idea of which week of actual production we were in when 4.0.2 came out?

Also, can anyone that just bought one clarify?

4.0.2 just came out last week so i doubt that they will have the new batch in stock already, also apple is still signing for 4.0.1 (no one knows why) so you can still downgrade as of now, but you should do it quick because they can stop signing any day now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

goodluck4287 (2010-08-17)

That's awesome. ****, I really need to find a 32 GB in stores.... I hope Apple stays lazy on that 4.0.2 signing.

Remember the simpler days? We could put whatever god damned firmware version we wanted! I miss that, even with Umbrella on a 3GS and an iPT2G, I get error messages all the time..... I can't even figure out their soft signing on that old iPT2G, I mean, I got the blobs saved and jailbroke, but it really sucks, I hope Saurik invents a beacon that targets any engineers with Apple trying to piss us jailbreakers off more.