Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help immediately!....

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need help immediately!....
    Just got my 4th iphone 4 replacement and just jailbroke it and went into cydia and it updated and then told me to reboot device so i have and its stuck on the apple logo, i've tried the force shut down thing (hold in home button and power button til it goes off) but immediately after that it just goes str8 back to the apple logo. I don't want to restore to 4.0.2 because I can't unlock it then can i????????

NOTHING ever goes right for me

Try plugging it in to itunes and hold power and home button. If that doesn't work go to iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download and download the bundle you want and then restore to that bundle.

Run tiny umbrella. I've read that can get it out of a restore loop. Id try that first.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightkeeper62 View Post
    Try plugging it in to itunes and hold power and home button. If that doesn't work go to iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download and download the bundle you want and then restore to that bundle.
    Well i've just tried to restore to ios 4.0.1 and it gets stuck three quarters of the way through the restore when it says "restoring iphone software" it does exactly the same when I'm trying to upgrade my replacement that needs to go back to apple to 4.0.2 its stuck in the EXACT same place. What can i do?

I've had some issues where either I've been stuck on the spinning timer (while re-springing), or couldn't boot at all, or stuck on the apple logo. All seem to go away with patience for me.

Last night, I had Cydia update 13 packages. During the respring, it sat for about 5mins on the spinning clock. I did the home/sleep button and the spinner went away... to a blank screen. No amount or combination of button holding seemed to work to boot the iPad... for about 5mins. Then I pushed the home button for about 3 seconds after letting it sit and up came the apple logo and all was fine.

Just seems to be patience for me.

EDIT: Posted after letting sit for a while and noticed additions to thread. Probably not applicable now

Hey I need serious help. I jailbroke my 3rd gen iPod running on 4.0 I jailbroke it using jailbreakme.com it has been working perfectly fine. Yesterday I added the source cydia.*************/ it had alot of themes and tweaks that were already in cydia. I was trieng to download the dive column springboard and it put my iPod into safe mode as did the other five column springboards. Earlier when this happened I would delete the five column springboard when I tried to do this it wouldn't delete. If somebody could please help me with a solution my iPod is stuck in safe mode.