Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to view private numbers on iphone 3gs

Default Is it possible to view private numbers on iphone 3gs
    Hi all,

I have been getting some annoying calls lately all on private number, I was talking to a friend who has a nokia and he said he could a app or something done to his phone that allows him to reveal the private number before he answers,

So my question is can this be done on the iphone, Im based in Ireland so I dont think trapcall.com will work, have to pay up to test it out.

Any other suggestions I sure it pppppp's a lot of people who get late at night calls from drunks

thanks for any help

Just say after you get the second call that you contacted the police and they are tracing the number and you will be pressing harassment charges, they never call again.

These people are calling me about business but there drunk i.e dont make much sense, so i wouls like to call them back in the moring to discuss it further.

I have my phone number in a lot of pubs and take away outlets so i get few late calls. but it my business so dont mind to much but been able to call them back would help

thanks for help

Green Apple
    Thanks

if they where intrested in their services A- they wouldnt phone you drunk and B- they wouldnt use a private number

If all im going to get is replys saying dont answer etc or call police then dont bother replying

I repair phones for a living people call me at all times sometimes there on private number. I'm not going to not answer a phone call I'm an adult I can take a crank call etc but these are business calls

I am looking for a service or app that allows me to see who is calling when there number is blocked

Any ideas

thanks

Thanks

no. none exist.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

micksack (2010-08-17)

Trapcall works well. Trapcall.com I have wen using it for over a year now. When you get a blocked call tap the power button twice and it un blocks the call showing the number.

Lol If I read your entire post I would have noticed you said trapcall may not work in Ireland. Sorry lol
    Last edited by Sonofevil77; 2010-08-17 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by micksack View Post
    If all im going to get is replys saying dont answer etc or call police then dont bother replying

I repair phones for a living people call me at all times sometimes there on private number. I'm not going to not answer a phone call I'm an adult I can take a crank call etc but these are business calls

I am looking for a service or app that allows me to see who is calling when there number is blocked

Any ideas

thanks
    Well please specify in your first post. It sounded like you had a problem with some drunk calling you each night. You should really say you wanted to find the number cuz you have business cards there it'll clarify for many people who are trying to help you.

Drunk people are annoying and its hard to get a number off someone so i can ring back later when there drunk,

it looks like it cant be done,

Is trapcall US only or will it work in ireland

thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

why is it only drunk, irritating people have blocked numbers. normal people don't block their numbers.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by micksack View Post
    Hi all,

I have been getting some annoying calls lately all on private number, I was talking to a friend who has a nokia and he said he could a app or something done to his phone that allows him to reveal the private number before he answers,

So my question is can this be done on the iphone, Im based in Ireland so I dont think trapcall.com will work, have to pay up to test it out.

Any other suggestions I sure it pppppp's a lot of people who get late at night calls from drunks

thanks for any help
    Download and instal iBlacklist form Cydia or Rock and you will be fine...

I black list is of no use i want to see the number that is calling so i can call back at a later time.,

I get blocked calls when im on the phone to other people I have to hang up on that person to answer this blocked call

Another solution is to find out what prefix code will unblock the callers id in ur country. I had a blocked phone and came across a code i.e. *82. if the person saves ur number with that prefix it will show their number on ur phone. could take awhile but well worth the sleep no?
    P.s. What business do u own that lots of drunks call u in the middle of the nite? ;p
    oh wait, ur in ireland. Nuf said.