Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Always No cell service after a COLD reboot until I switch airplane mode on/off

Default Always No cell service after a COLD reboot until I switch airplane mode on/off
    Title says it all. If I restart my phone (not springboard), once I'm back in the OS (4.1) i have absolutely posively no cell service whatsoever. As if its not even there. Once I go into SETTINGS > and turn on airplane mode and flip it off, it begins to search and finds me in about 3 seconds. Kind of anoying to have to do this each time I reboot. Anyone else having this problem?

Thinking a RESTORE would fix this but I dont wanna rejailbreak and resync and yaddi yaddi yaddda.....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How long are you waiting?

If you're waiting 'like forever' (more than 5 minutes in an area with known good service).... I would try some of the 'Setting-General-Reset(s)' before doing a restore. Start with Reset Network Connections, then Reset All Settings.

When this happens to me, it's because I have changed carriers (aka SIMs). Usually I end up rebooting a couple of times until it finally locks in. Subsequent boots are normal until the next SIM change